Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

classical music

Options
  • 05-06-2010 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi im massively missing need to go to classical concert... im new to ireland so dont know where est to look for such things so any advice be great of upcoming concerts i could go see...
    I love classics odf many ranges ,... my faves being vivladi. mozart. beethoven . holst and so so so many others ,,, the softer sounds i love most
    i even loe the smaller quartets also if in small venue etc.., main thing is i want to here classical live .. any advice will be ace thankyou in advance
    Nige

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Curiousgal

The National Concert Hall is a good place to start www.nch.ie but if you want more intimate venues, try also the Hugh Lane Gallery, Mountjoy Square - Sundays at Noon Concerts (free) www.hughlane.ie or the National Gallery, Merrion Square - Saturdays usually (not free - approx. €15).

The Music Network also supports quartets and the like, see www.musicnetwork.ie and St. Anne's Church, Dawson St. often has concerts on a Sunday afternoon.

If you are free lunchtimes in town, the National Concert Hall does very affordable lunchtime concerts for 1 hour at 1.05pm on Tuesdays and Fridays during the summer. Dublin City Council also hosts open air lunch time opera (free) during the month of August in the gardens of their Wood Quay offices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Buy the Irish Times on a Friday. Their "The Ticket" supplement has a listing of all concerts by genre, including Classical, for the forthcoming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Curiousgal

The Dublin City Opera programme is out:

http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/ArtsOffice/Programmes/Pages/CurrentProgrammes.aspx

If previous years are anything to go by, bring an umbrella!

Also, Dirigent - bist du einer oder tust du nur so? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gavitron22

it's very badly publicised, but the soltice arts centre in navan is also gets very good acts in of many, many genres and is only half an hour away fm dublin with the new motorway, worth keeping an eye out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 astronige

thankyou to all who have replied :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Taylor_M

Dirigent wrote: »
    Buy the Irish Times on a Friday. Their "The Ticket" supplement has a listing of all concerts by genre, including Classical, for the forthcoming week.

You are right this provide really usefull information about all concerts by genre.

Advertisement