Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 120 London.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

I presume Gareth A Davies from the telegraph is totaly getting his wires crossed when he says this even is going to be on in July in London? He was on MMA live on the other night says it here 16 minutes in http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_ESPN_MMA_LiVE_6_4_10?vid=10011218&tid=107

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Take ANYTHING you read on Wiki with a very large sack of salt as anybody can edit any page.

Chances are this is true though, just be warned for future visits to Wiki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I presume Gareth A Davies from the telegraph is totaly getting his wires crossed when he says this even is going to be on in July in London? He was on MMA live on the other night says it here 16 minutes in http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_ESPN_MMA_LiVE_6_4_10?vid=10011218&tid=107

:eek: Surely not! The pinacle of MMA reporting making a boo boo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Gareth A Davies is one of the worst mma journalists on the planet after jake rossen. The guy is an idiot and one of the MMA journalists that I follow on twitter said on a recent tweet, he is glad gareth a davies isn't in the room

• Advertisement

Sickens me every time I see that pillock sat cage side in the press box or being interviewed on ESPN MMA Live etc.

Remember the time he called Royce Gracie the "Holls Hoyce" of MMA to his face? He was so proud of himself that after 6 months on Setanta's MMA show and claiming to have watched all the old UFCs, he had finally figured out how to pronounce Royce's name right...

Tumbleweed moment if ever there was one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Chill out guys it was a slip of the tongue as he was talking about the July (Brock) show at the same time. Simple mistake.

rovert wrote: »
    Chill out guys it was a slip of the tongue as he was talking about the July (Brock) show at the same time. Simple mistake.

Don't worry I'm not judging him just on that, I've always thought he was a gormless eejit!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Don't worry I'm not judging him just on that, I've always thought he was a gormless eejit!

+1

He is not Hewani, Gross, Iole, Breen or Mc Neil. He thinks he is them but he is far from that. He also a bit biased towards the British fighters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I met him a few times and he is a good guy but is always going to be a pro boxing fan then an MMA fan,

• Advertisement

Yeah to be fair it's not all his fault, I don't think he ever heard of MMA before the Telegraph started to cover it and dropped the job on his desk...

Davies rubs people the wrong way but apparently he is a nice guy.
    unknown13 wrote: »
    +1

He is not Hewani, Gross, Iole, Breen or Mc Neil. He thinks he is them but he is far from that. He also a bit biased towards the British fighters

lol at the McNeil mention. Id take Davies awkwardness over McNeil's scripted answers.

Claiming someone is biased while also holding up Iole and Gross is rather odd too.

But I cant dispute his biase but those guys are likely the reason he is covering the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Hoeballs

comes off as a complete douchebag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Hoeballs wrote: »
    comes off as a complete douchebag

He does, and I always thought he was till I met the man. He is an ok guy and does have a love for the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Hoeballs

fair enough its prob unfair to judge a man i never met

He does, and I always thought he was till I met the man. He is an ok guy and does have a love for the sport.

True, and he has improved of late as he learns more etc. It's just his time on that brutal Setanta show back in the day when he was green as grass and was paired up with various other eejits and lads mags editors, he just looked utterly stupid almost every week!

A lot the Davies haters had some fuel if they watched MMA Live with him bellyaching on the behalf of fans about Daley being fired while Yvel is on the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fuppin' 6th year!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Kampmann vs Hardy possibility for the 120 card. Cracking fight if it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

Carlos Condit vs. Dan Hardy
    Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne
    Quinton Jackson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (maybe or UFC 119)

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19762/quinton-jackson-vs-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-targeted-ufc-119-or-ufc-120-likely.mma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

If that jackson fight is true...That could be fight of the year

SDTimeout wrote: »
    If that jackson fight is true...That could be fight of the year

I can't see that happening. I see that fight being on the 119 card.

122 is supposedly in Germany on the 13th of November (Date may be changed, since it looks like that Mayweather / Pacquiao could be going ahead on that date) in Oberhausen outside Dusseldorf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

unknown13 wrote: »
    I can't see that happening. I see that fight being on the 119 card.

122 is supposedly in Germany on the 13th of November (Date may be changed, since it looks like that Mayweather / Pacquiao could be going ahead on that date) in Oberhausen outside Dusseldorf.

I think it would be down to Nog. Rampage is cont with bispings camp isn't he ?

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I think it would be down to Nog. Rampage is cont with bispings camp isn't he ?

They will make Hardy / Condit the main event since 120 is a spike card. 119 is a PPV in the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

Looks like its Hathaway vs Stun Gun and Diabate vs Gustaffson too

No cards at all in UK/Ireland this year then they come up with this crap? What was that Dana said not so long ago, All UK/Ireland cards will soon be on a par with the US events!!!! What a crock of crap thats turning out to be.

Not been a title fight over here since UFC80

This card seems just like a UFN and i for one will not be goin over for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Just a filler to keep us over this way happy. It's all based on PPV buys and the biggest PPV buys are the states ones primarily the Vegas shows. Americans are fickle and don't like tape delays etc especially with spoilers on t'internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Odats wrote: »
    Just a filler to keep us over this way happy. It's all based on PPV buys and the biggest PPV buys are the states ones primarily the Vegas shows. Americans are fickle and don't like tape delays etc especially with spoilers on t'internet.

Yup, and they dont want the UK fans to forget about them either. Especially since Bisping has been found out and Hardy didnt beat GSP, they have nobody to hype really.

UFC newcomers Vinicius Kappke de Quieroz and Rob Broughton meet at UFC 120
    http://bit.ly/aPYIDB

• Advertisement

looking more like a UFN with every passing fight

Spencer Fisher meets lightweight newcomer Kurt Warburton at October's UFC 120 event.

Definitely Fight night card I think.

gravity12 wrote: »
    Spencer Fisher meets lightweight newcomer Kurt Warburton at October's UFC 120 event.

Definitely Fight night card I think.

No, it's got the card of a Fight Night, but they'll market it as a full event and ticket prices will be full event price. I'm not gonna fall for this crap again, especially after 95, putting tickets on presale with no card advertised

Bisping vs Akiyama confirmed yet?

Advertisement