Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xtreme Cage Combat July31st Limerick

• 05-06-2010 3:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭

Xtreme Cage Combat - "Armed Evolution"
    Saturday July31st at the Limerick Concert Hall

Fight Card

Pro

Heavyweight 93kg
    Mark Brophey (CSC) vs Zbynek Pistek (KTP)

Catchweight 80kg
    Rob Orlovsky (CSC) vs Cathal Gorey

Welterweight 77kg
    Nic Rubinson (FLA) vs Juri Malko (CTB)

Semi Pro

Bantamweight 61kg
    Paul Pike (CSC) vs Sergej Scukin (MMAC)

More Fights to be Confirmed

This event will be fully supported by paramedics and a doctor and runs under the same rules that the majority of events run under in Ireland/UK.

Referee
    Dave Jones

MC
    Darran Conroy

If any coaches have fighters who are interested/available for said date please PM me. We currently have some C class debut guys we are looking to match (we pay C class fighters). Fighters please go through your coaches.

For anymore information please contact me.

Cheers
    Mick Timmons

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

Semi Pro

Welterweight 77kg
    Dave Keane (MMAC) vs Conor Flynn (TDD)

Tickets Available @ http://www.uch.ie/
    and any fighter competing at the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 shanesmith

anybody know why my guy pulled out?he was from cork, 66kg aged 17???more importantly will i be getting a new match-up?im shane smith from Tuatha De Dannan btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

How much are the tickets and where, apart from the concert hall, are they available

shanesmith wrote: »
    anybody know why my guy pulled out?he was from cork, 66kg aged 17???more importantly will i be getting a new match-up?im shane smith from Tuatha De Dannan btw!

Hi Shane

I will contact your coach John 2moro and let him know all the details you need to know thanks.

Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

cletus wrote: »
    How much are the tickets and where, apart from the concert hall, are they available

http://fighthounds.com/mma/xtreme-cage-combat-armed-evolution-uch-limerick-31710/

You can also buy your tickets from any fighter competing at the event.

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »

Hi Cletus

The Tickets are
    €25 Standard
    €30 Balconies

Tickets are available from all fighters on the show.
    Tickets can also be bought from local fighters at the
    Combat Sports Centre
    Unit B7
    Corcanree Business
    Park
    Dock Road
    Limerick
    http://hstrial-combatsportsc.intuitwebsites.com/index.html

If you need anymore info please give me a shout

Cheers
    Mick

Semi Pro

Lightweight 70kg
    Barry Hickey (MMAC) vs Brendan McGarry (KTP)

Semi Pro

Catchweight 80kg
    Wilson da silva (BTTMMA) vs Matt Rotheram (GDD)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

mikey1 wrote: »

Welterweight 77kg
    vs Juri Malko (CTB)

Hey, I know this guy, I had Judo training with him and his dad was our trainer. :rolleyes:

Semi Pro

Middleweight 84kg
    Shane o Callaghan (CBBJ) vs Tomas Maddon (BTTMMA)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Is there any chance promoters can put in the full names of the gyms? I've no idea who we're talking about until I see them posted without the acronym!!

Is there any chance promoters can put in the full names of the gyms? I've no idea who we're talking about until I see them posted without the acronym!!

No problem Barry, should have put them in the first post, my apologies.
    here ya go lad!

Fight Card

Pro

Heavyweight 93kg
    Mark Brophey (Combat Sports Centre) vs Zbynek Pistek (Kilkenny Top Pro)

Catchweight 80kg
    Rob Orlovsky (Combat Sports Centre ) vs Cathal Gorey (Gorey Dojo of Destruction)

Welterweight 77kg
    Nic Rubinson (Front Line Academy) vs Juri Malko (Cork Thai Boxing)

Semi Pro

Bantamweight 61kg
    Paul Pike (Combat Sports Centre) vs Sergej Scukin (MMA Clinic)

Welterweight 77kg
    Dave Keane (MMA Clinic) vs Conor Flynn (Tuatha De Dannan)

Lightweight 70kg
    Barry Hickey (MMA Clinic) vs Brendan McGarry (Kilkenny Top Pro)

Catchweight 80kg
    Wilson da silva (Brazilian Top Team MMA) vs Matt Rotheram (Gorey Dojo of Destruction)

Middleweight 84kg
    Shane o Callaghan (Pedro Bessa Fight Team) vs Tomas Maddon (Brazilian Top Team MMA)

Give us a shout if ya want anymore info lad.

Cheers
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Cathal Gorey (Gorey Dojo of Destruction)

Holy **** that's the best gym name ever. Are Cathal and Richard brothers? is the club in tipp or kilkenny or wha'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭kravicecreama

Holy **** that's the best gym name ever.

Ayh man I secound that request!! Can we get a sticky as regards club names cause that just rocks:)

Holy **** that's the best gym name ever. Are Cathal and Richard brothers? is the club in tipp or kilkenny or wha'?

Ha Ha its some name alright, yeah its richie's brother alright. The club is in Clonmel, Tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭kravicecreama

Ayh man I secound that request!! Can we get a sticky as regards club names cause that just rocks:)
    Ya can just see some dude from rte reporting about mma in ireland with a sign from gorey in the background:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Brazilian Top Team eh? Jaysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Yeah whats this BTT MMA? Where are they coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Either somewhere in the US, Australia, Brazil or there's one in Canada that Patrick Cote fights out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

There are BTT's all over, certainly there's a few in the UK. I didn't know anyone in Ireland was affiliated though.

• Advertisement

They're in Kerry as far as I'm aware.

They're in Kerry as far as I'm aware.

Yeah thats right, there based out of killarney

Pro

Heavyweight 95kg
    Eoin Franklin (Combat Sport Centre) vs Paul Burne (Brazillian Top Team MMA)

Semi Pro

Catchweight 76kg
    Colin Flanagan (pankration kickboxing academy)vs Kris Flynn (husaria fight team ennis)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't wait for this!! Anyone know if bookies will take bets on this? I have to back my boy Mark Brophy!

Hope the event turns out well so we see a lot more of this!!

Brophy FTW!!!

Just booked tickets (25euro each) and I was told over the phone they are front row seats!!! I thought they are only seating on balcony but lady assured me it is all seating and we will be front row beside the cage!

Cannot wait for this!!!!!

For anyone that is looking for tickets and does not have a credit card I will have tickets for sale in the next few days (I am based in Limerick City) PM if you want any.

The MMA world does know that Extreme is spelt with an E right?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just booked tickets (25euro each) and I was told over the phone they are front row seats!!! I thought they are only seating on balcony but lady assured me it is all seating and we will be front row beside the cage!

Cannot wait for this!!!!!

Hey Sheehy
    Yeah thats right, we were going to have different sections downstairs at different prices but we decided against and had all the same prices downstairs and the balconies €30. You do get a better view of everything from the balcony seats ;) But im sure you will still get a great view up front also, glad your happy with your purchase of seats!
    Mick

• Advertisement

A Simple No. but are you the fountain of knowledge to put us straight!:)

A Simple No. but are you the fountain of knowledge to put us straight!:)
    The tide is against me. I feel a bit mbarrassed to bring it up now.

Sorry barry, my bad was wonderin why ya bothering to say that :D, I only seen the other thread there now. Yeah its getting fairly xtreme or is it Extreme around here alright :) I dropped the E to suit the web url that I purchased thats my excuse :D - xcc.ie (I aint finished building it yet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Everybody knows that Extreme should always be spelt with three capital x's.

XXXtreme looks much better.

Hey Sheehy
    Yeah thats right, we were going to have different sections downstairs at different prices but we decided against and had all the same prices downstairs and the balconies €30. You do get a better view of everything from the balcony seats ;) But im sure you will still get a great view up front also, glad your happy with your purchase of seats!
    Mick

Thanks Mick!!! I take it you have something to do with the running of things? (pardon my ignorance :)) Best of luck on the night man!

As long as I can smell the blood, i'll be happy :eek:

Fromvert wrote: »
    Everybody knows that Extreme should always be spelt with three capital x's.

XXXtreme looks much better.

:D

• Advertisement

Semi Pro

Catchweight 73kg
    Jonny Lloyd (Pankration kickboxing academy)vs Kieran Mc Kenna (Brazilian Top Team MMA)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MMA master

Semi Pro

Catchweight 73kg
    Jonny Lloyd (Pankration kickboxing academy)vs Kieran Mc Kenna (Brazilian Top Team MMA)

any info on this fight????....

Have you got a full updated fight card?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

What age limit is there for this event if there is one

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    What age limit is there for this event if there is one

No age limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Just bOOked my ticket!see u all there

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Just bOOked my ticket!see u all there

See you there Daniel, hope you enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Will be getting tickets for this on Monday hopefully....seems a strange venue though...the arena might have been better...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

just a few quick questions, where abouts in limerick is the university concert hall? im from dublin but know limerick relatively well, where is it in relation to limerick city centre? also what time does it kick off?

Ya, arena would have been much better!

If you are travelling from Dublin, take a right at the Groody round about. Take the main entrance into UL (with those 2 huge flag poles). When you get to the first round about, take a left (1st exit) then follow signs to concert hall. Should be a fair crowd going in so just fallow the Tappout and UFC t-shirts!

I think doors are 6.30 and first fight is 7 or 7.30 I think.

What seats did ye get lads? I'm in row B, beaming, should be right in front of the cage but can't picture the layout in the concert hall!!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, arena would have been much better!

If you are travelling from Dublin, take a right at the Groody round about. Take the main entrance into UL (with those 2 huge flag poles). When you get to the first round about, take a left (1st exit) then follow signs to concert hall. Should be a fair crowd going in so just fallow the Tappout and UFC t-shirts!

I think doors are 6.30 and first fight is 7 or 7.30 I think.

What seats did ye get lads? I'm in row B, beaming, should be right in front of the cage but can't picture the layout in the concert hall!!

Doors open at 6:30 and first fight is at 7:30, there is also two K1 fights at the event. I seen the seat layout so Sheehy you have great seats, I am in the balconies (another great view) but will be all over the place taking pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

im actually going out to get tickets tomorrow at lunch...hopefully they have a seating layout i can look at...

erm what time is the show expected to end?

im actually going out to get tickets tomorrow at lunch...hopefully they have a seating layout i can look at...

erm what time is the show expected to end?

Don't have a clue, I think there is 10 - 12 fights in total. If there are any seats left in the balconies I would go for them (great view from there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 13bmoe

Looking forward to this event. Was wondering could someone put up the updated/finalised fight card? Thank you and best of luck mick wit the event, cant wait!

Updated Fight Card

Pro

Nic Ruben Nikolaisen (Frontline Academy Norway) vs Juri Malko( Cork Thai Boxing ) - 77kg Welterweight

Mark Brophey (Combat Sports Centre Limerick) vs Zbynek Pistek (Kilkenny Top Pro MMA) - Heavyweight

Rob Orlovsky (Combat Sports Centre Limerick) vs Richard Gorey (Kilkenny Top Pro MMA) - 80kg Catchweight

Paul Byrne (Brazillian Top Team MMA Killarney) vs Tomas Brzezinski ( Combat Sports Centre Limerick) - 95kg+ Heavyweight

Barry Hickey (Boxing/ MMA Clinic Cork) vs Brendan mcGarry (Kilkenny Top Pro MMA / Pedro Bessa Cork) 70kg Lightweight

Semi Pro

Kris Flynn (Husaria Fight Team Ennis) vs Colin Flanagan (Pankration Kickboxing Academy Limerick) - 76kg Catchweight

Tomas Madon (Brazillian Top Team MMA Killarney) vs Joe Melvin ( Moy Valley Freestyle Mayo) - 84kg Middleweight

Vlad Malko (Cork Thai Boxing) vs Matt Rotheram ( Gorey Dojo of Destruction Clonmel) - 80kg Catchweight

Latwia Vilmars (Husaria Fight Team Ennis) vs Przemyslaw Szczupuk (Combat Sports Centre Limerick) - 97kg Catchweight

Jonny Lloyd (Pankration Kickboxing Academy Limerick) vs Kieran Mc Kenna (Brazillian Top Team MMA Killarney) - 73kg Catchweight

Two other fights also on the card il post them tomorrow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement