Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xtreme Cage Combat July31st Limerick

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

tickets bought!! cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

Any idea if there's many tickets for this left? Me and my brother want to go to it but I've to wait to hear if I can get off work before we get our tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

if6was9 wrote: »
    Any idea if there's many tickets for this left? Me and my brother want to go to it but I've to wait to hear if I can get off work before we get our tickets
    Tickets on sale now at The UCH Box Office @ 00353 61 331549. You can also buy your tickets from any fighter competing at the event and tickets are also available from the Combat Sports Centre Gym in Limerick. A number of tickets will also be available on the door the night of the event.

Credit: http://fighthounds.com/mma/reminder-xtreme-cage-combat-armed-evolution-live-this-saturday/

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Mick , you got a typo or wrong info there..uri & Vlad Malko( Cork Thai Boxing / Pedro Bessa Cork) don't train out of Pedro Bessa Cork.

cheers
    Liam

if6was9 wrote: »

was in ther concert hall today and the nice lady there showed me the seating chart its over half full at this stage..but she said as with all events like this the last 2 days is when most of the tickets sell...

I forgot to ask her what time its due to finish...anyone have an idea..ive logistics to plan :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

Liam_B wrote: »
    Mick , you got a typo or wrong info there..uri & Vlad Malko( Cork Thai Boxing / Pedro Bessa Cork) don't train out of Pedro Bessa Cork.

cheers
    Liam

My apologies Liam, fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hi Mick, is there any update on the Mark Brophy HW fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

Cool, find out tomorrow if I have it off, should be able to pick up tickets in the evening then

ok lads...

what time should we be turning up at tomorrow evening?

• Advertisement

ok lads...

Doors open at 6:30pm. First fight starts at 7:30pm. I will be there a bit early to get some pictures of the set up and the fighters. Hope it turns out to be a great night. I'm off to the weigh-ins in a bit (I will post the some pictures here once I get back)

ok lads...

Well The first fight starts at 7.30pm so id give it 7.00pm(if you have already bought your ticket), its not like you will be rushing for a seat as the tickets are numbered to each seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

What a night! Some unbelievable K.O's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

mikey1 wrote: »
    Updated Fight Card

Jonny Lloyd (Pankration Kickboxing Academy Limerick) vs Kieran Mc Kenna (Brazillian Top Team MMA Killarney) - 73kg Catchweight

You know who won this one Daniel?

sorry man,cant remember

If im not mistaken both Pankerian fighters won there fights...

I think Jhonny won that one by TKO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

great night, very well run.congratulations mike, it was a great success. well done to all fighters and congrats to barry hickey on winning his first mma fight with a tko. what a warrior!! commisserations to brendan mcgarry of kilkenny top pro/pedro bessa, he fought incredibly well with very skilled and controlled grappling . there will be many more wins from brendan in the future going by that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Jonney won in the third round by TKO!
    Video of the end of the fight below! The lights were a bit bright and my shaky hand didn't help but you get the idea!

Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Ger Healy

Big respect to all the fighter who took part in last night show as Daniel2oo9 said good fights and some devastating Ko’s, unfortunately one of them was our fighter Rob Orlovsky vs Richard Gorey. Well done to Richard on another win.
    Also fighting out of our gym was Mark Brophey vs Paul Byrne. Although Mark controlled the first round and nearly finished it with a komara late in that round Paul managed to fight out of it.
    Mark got mount position early in the second round and started landing shots but he was reversed and with Paul landing heavier shots Dave stopped it. Again well done to Paul on the win.
    So not a great night for our fighters results wise but a good night for the sport of mma in Limerick.

Well done to Mikey & the guys of Xtreme Cage Combat for putting on a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Very Well run Event. On-time & some Great Fights. Thanks Mick.
    Congratulations to Barry Hickey(boxing Clinic) on his win against Brendan. Brendan had a great start, dominating the fight at the beginning with Takedowns mount and Back control & Barry Pervailed (very tough lad) to turn the table for the TKO. Well done.

Great Event , the Crew worked hard backstage to keep everything on Time. Congratulations on a Great Night Mick.

Xtreme Cage Combat – “Armed Evolution” Results
    Nic Ruben Nikolaisen (Frontline Academy Norway) vs Juri Malko( Cork Thai Boxing / Pedro Bessa Cork) – 77kg A class 3×5 min rounds

Winner: Juri Malko. Via: KO. Time: 1mim. 24sec. Round: 1

Mark Brophey (Combat Sports Centre Limerick) vs Paul Byrne (Brazillian Top Team MMA Killarney) – 95kg+ B class 3×4 min rounds

Winner: Paul Byrne. Via: TKO due to strikes. Time: 2mim. 48sec. Round: 2

Rob Orlovsky (Combat Sports Centre Limerick) vs Richard Gorey (Kilkenny Top Pro MMA) – 80kg B class 3×4 min rounds

Winner: Richard Gorey. Via: KO. Time: 30sec. Round: 1

Barry Hickey (Boxing/ MMA Clinic Cork) vs Brendan mcGarry (Kilkenny Top Pro MMA / Pedro Bessa Cork) 70kg B class 3×4 min rounds

Winner: Barry Hickey. Via: TKO due to strikes. Time: 3mim. 30sec. Round: 1

Kris Flynn (Husaria Fight Team Ennis) vs Colin Flanagan (Pankration Kickboxing Academy Limerick) – 76kg C class 3×3 min rounds

Winner: Colin Flanagan. Via: TKO. Time: 3mim. 60sec. Round: 1

Tomas Madon (Brazillian Top Team MMA Killarney) vs Joe Melvin ( Moy Valley Freestyle Mayo) – 84kg C class 3×3 min rounds

Winner: J0e Melvin. Via: KO. Time: 15sec. Round: 1

Vlad Malko (Cork Thai Boxing / Pedro Bessa Cork) vs Matt Rotheram ( Gorey Dojo of Destruction Clonmel) – 80kg C class 3×3 min rounds

Winner: Vlad Malko. Via: Tapout due to a telephone arm lock. Time: 1mim. 10sec. Round: 1

Latwia Vilmars (Husaria Fight Team Ennis) vs Przemyslaw Szczupuk (Combat Sports Centre Limerick) – 97kg C class 3×3 min rounds

Winner: Latwia Vilmars. Via: Tapout due to a guillotine choke. Time: 2mim. 52sec. Round: 1

Jonny Lloyd (Pankration Kickboxing Academy Limerick) vs Kieran Mc Kenna (Brazillian Top Team MMA Killarney) – 73kg C class 3×3 min rounds

Winner: Jonny Lloyd. Via: TKO due to strikes. Time: 2mim. 52sec. Round: 3

Credit: http://fighthounds.com/interviwes/xtreme-cage-combat-%E2%80%93-%E2%80%9Carmed-evolution%E2%80%9D-results/

• Advertisement

Absolutely top night! Turned out I had balcony seats at back of cage, i was lookin down into the cage, perfect view!

Mark Brophy was so unlucky, thought he had the Kimura for sure, got caught in a bad position against the cage but showed off some brilliant BJJ. Brilliant that he came out in the gii as well! He told me he will be training hard and can't wait to get back for his next fight! One of the lads got a video of the fight, will post it once I have it.

Met my old friend Colin Flanagan before it started, hadn't seen him in years, what a fight!! Bloodiest of the night. Apparently, the other guy was taken to hospital with a broken nose and need stitches over his eye.

Anyone know what happened to the guy in the last fight? His eye looked very bad.

Congrats to all involved, excellent organisation and a lot of work put in by those involved. Big shout out to Bruce MacBuffer as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

sheehy83 wrote: »
    One of the lads got a video of the fight, will post it once I have it.

Having some trouble uploading it :mad:, I'll try it again this evening

Having some trouble uploading it :mad:, I'll try it again this evening

Cool man, I can get it off ya during the week if you're still having problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened to the guy in the last fight? His eye looked very bad.

From the other side of the cage it didn't look like anything had happened at all, was surprised when the ref jumped in to stop it and even more surprised to see the guy sit up with his head so heavily banadaged!

Absolutely brilliant night though, really well organised, great venue, spot on reffing and some truly awesome fights & KO's. A credit to Irish MMA.

LavaLamp wrote: »
    From the other side of the cage it didn't look like anything had happened at all, was surprised when the ref jumped in to stop it and even more surprised to see the guy sit up with his head so heavily banadaged!

Absolutely brilliant night though, really well organised, great venue, spot on reffing and some truly awesome fights & KO's. A credit to Irish MMA.

Truly was a credit to Irish MMA (I really hope limerick leader or such doesn't try make an anti cage fighting article about it!)

From the balcony at back of cage, there was blood streaming out of his left eye, you prob wouldn't see it from the front. Blood wouldn't stop, looked bad. There are official photos up on face book, great quality:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=594093341#!/album.php?aid=22976&id=100000554566350&ref=mf

I take it if Xtreme Cage Combat came back to Limerick to do another show most people would want to go back and see it?

I take it if Xtreme Cage Combat came back to Limerick to do another show most people would want to go back and see it?

http://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/poll.php?ref=nf&pid=1280679917

Haha just voted on that poll before coming on here. Hell Ya! I didn't go to the after party in Angel Lane, I could just picture the testosterone flying round the club last night!!!

Hey Guys,

The dust has settled on the event for me now after a 2 day drinking binge.:D

Firstly I would like to thank all the fighters who showcased there skill/talent after months of hard training, you guys delivered a great show for the fans who from all of the responses we received were very happy with a great night out.

Thanks to all the Coaches you prepared you fighters well, as they done themselves and there clubs proud.

Thanks to all the Crew from XCC and UL concert hall, there is no-one who lost their cool when the pressure was on!;)

Thanks to all the Fans who turned up on the night, and payed out their hard earned cash, I really do hope you got the action and MMA excitement that you came for. This show was our debut event and we really wanted to offer the best value for your money, if their is anything you guys would like us to add/change/keep or offer let us know as your opinions really matter to us, so that in the future we can deliver exactly the show that you want and deserve.

Lastly but by no means least thanks to Alan,Ger,Fergal,Paul and all the lads at the Combat sports centre limerick for all there help and support, also thanks to Woody at fighthounds.com, Danny at angel lane nightclub limerick and Pat Browne at munsterimages.ie

Thanks for all kind words on here lads i really appreciate it, If I have left anyone out, apologies and thanks!;)

Until then all the best!
    Mick

Mick...My only request is you put on an event once a month in Limerick :D

I really wasn't expecting that kind of quality but the whole thing was just run brilliantly! Excellent skill and heart from all the fighters. From the photo's and word of mouth, the crowd would def be a lot bigger next time (even though it was a great turn out on the night!)

Come back soon cuz I need another fix!!!

Can't praise it enough really!

• Advertisement

Please do more please :D

I am so glad with the feedback this event has got. When I found out the XCC were doing an event in Limerick I knew there and then I would do everything I could to help make this event successful. I would love to another XCC event in Limerick. Well done to Mick and every one at Xtreme Cage Combat for giving the fans a great night of action from start to finish.

we want more we want more we want more!!!

I would also like to retract my previous statement about the concert hall not being the best venue...boy was i wrong!!!!

So come on mick....one more before xmas?

xcc's winter wonderland :)

Videos of some of the fights are up on Fighthounds!

Thanks to Superwoody for letting us know on the Limerick boards!!

http://fighthounds.com/

Hey Mick, Do you know when the DVD will be available and where we will be able to pick up a copy?

Sorry digging up an old thread but really wanted to know if there was any more Xtreme Cage Combats in the works (or any MMA events in Limerick)??

MMA league is on in Galway this Sat. Cage Warriors are back in Cork in May. Last time I was talking to Mick (guy who runs XCC) he told me he was doing some other stuff (College etc...) put he does plan on doing some more XCC events. I hope we do get to see another MMA event in Limerick soon, there was a good turn out to the last one and I think if we get another event in Limerick a lot more people would come along after the great reviews XCC got.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement