Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sally Gap Closed

• 05-06-2010 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Just for anybody heading up, I was heading towards Sally Gap this morning - up Killakee Road, past the viewing point and just after the ascent stops around one of the bends, there was a Garda saying the gap is closed for the day due to a bad traffic accident. No way through.

I'm not sure if the crossroads ahead is closed from all approaches or not though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Saw this on RTE. My geography isn't the best, but perhaps it's the cause?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭buffalo

It's just one spot on Kilakee road that's closed - so if you came up Stocking Lane or Pine Forest, you wouldn't get to Sallygap, but you can go from Glencree to Sallygap.

I was turned away at about 11.30, and the Garda said it'd be open in another half-hour, so should be fine now.

DFD - that's the one alright. Awful.

map: http://tinyurl.com/38fatf8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Went from the cross roads at sally gap down towards rounds wood at arouund 9:30am no sign of any guards there

• Registered Users Posts: 22 seanhunt

was still closed at about 1.30pm when we approached it on the stocking lane side, gardai there said it wouldn't open again till after three at earliest, so should be fine now, quite the detour tho....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Bizarre. I came down from Sally Gap and passed Glencree at about 1:30pm, reaching the viewing point at about 2pm. Wasn't stopped. Didn't see any police or any sign of accident. They'd obviously just finished up and buggered off just before I got there.

Very sad nonetheless, RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭buffalo

seanhunt wrote: »
    was still closed at about 1.30pm when we approached it on the stocking lane side, gardai there said it wouldn't open again till after three at earliest, so should be fine now, quite the detour tho....

I was on the way home at the time - I'm very glad I didn't wait the "half hour" then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

is it all clear now?

Advertisement