If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an LG50PK590 TV

Options
  • 05-06-2010 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm new to the boards, found this topic via Google when looking up places to buy the LG 50PK590 in/near Dublin.

Sending a PM to the Richer Sounds guys.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi Pyongyang,

Welcome to Boards :).

I've given your query a thread of its own so that it won't get lost !

As a new sign-up to Boards, please take the time to read the Charter stickied at the top of the forum, this is not a conventional discussion forum so its worth familiarising yoursellf with the rules.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Pyongyang.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

At the moment on the LG 50PK590 we are out of stock.
    The LG 50PK590 is priced at £729.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/lg/50pk590/lg-50pk590
    I could have one of these screens at our Belfast Store for next Friday at the earliest. Due to size of this screen we would not be able to deliver this screen via our normal courier and will need to check if an alternative method is available.

I hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Hi,

Sorry about that, should have read the forum rules! I sent you and John a PM anyway explaining my rather unique situation.

No problems that the TV is not in stock right now though as I don't need it for a couple of weeks as yet.

How would you suggest I order? Can I just phone the number on the richersounds.ie website and place an order there or would a rep from the boards be able to deal via PM onwards?

Many thanks for all your help, much appreciated!

If you want to drop me your Dublin address that you will be moving to then I can get the order up onto our system to get the ball rolling at this end.

I can be contacted on 00443339000071. This is charged at standard rate and is not a premium number. :D

Thanks Kenny and John. I sent you a PM Kenny as we're looking for a few extra items to buy too.

Great service these boards provide by being able to talk to the retailers up front. Very good stuff!

• Advertisement

Hey Pyongyang.

PM sent. Hope it helps :D

Thanks Kenny. Yep got it and sent one back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭TheCaveman

Hi Guys

I do not want to Hijack this thread, but I am also interested in getting the PK590, but the 60"

I will follow this thread, as I would like to see how much it will cost for deliverry to Dublin 18 for your Belfast shop

But, I am only looking to buy this set end of July

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

TheCaveman wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I do not want to Hijack this thread, but I am also interested in getting the PK590, but the 60"

I will follow this thread, as I would like to see how much it will cost for deliverry to Dublin 18 for your Belfast shop

But, I am only looking to buy this set end of July

The Caveman,

Thanks for the opportunity to quote - this TV has tumbled in price and it's now just £1299.95 and delivery via one of our own vans would be £69.95.

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi lads, I sent you guys a few PM's recently (to Kenny) but have not heard anything back yet)....

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Hi lads, I sent you guys a few PM's recently (to Kenny) but have not heard anything back yet)....

Py,

Apologies - Kenny has been on an ill-deserved holiday the lazy git is back today - but if you bang me a PM or an email - I'll make sure it's attended to today & apologies for the delay again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

PY,

apologies - just got a copy of your PM!

We've got the go-ahead to tinker with the Sky dish LNB and run a second cable to the house so we're ood to go for a Freesat HD+ box.
    Great - we have the new Sagem tuner only still on a Boardie special at just £89.95! & we have the 250 & 500GB recorders as well of course

In the last couple of days I'm having a bit of a change of heart about the size of the TV. I've not personally seen our new home but family who have seen it say that a 50" screen is going to be too big to fit in the corner.

I'm wondering if I should go for something else instead now. What would you recommend? These are my requirements for the TV:

1) Biggest screen size possible. HAS to be over 42". How much smaller is the next size down from a 50"?

Next screen size down is 46 or 47"

2) Plasma or LCD/LED don't mind, but I want the very best picture quality possible. HAS to be FULL 1080P HD too.
    In Plasma we go straight from 42" to 50" However in LCD there are more options - here are a few:
    LG 47LD450 - £649.95 - Full HD 1080p

Philips 46PFL5605 - Brand new LED TV - EURO €1299.99 including a Blu-Ray & Matching TV stand - if you don't nee dthe Blu-ray and stand PM me & I'll sort you out a Boardsie Special Price on the TV alone...;)

3) Lot's of HDMI ports (at least 3) and lots of options for connectivity in general.
    The 47LD450 only has 2 HDMI - not sure if you can get away with that

4) Needs to be under 750 pounds sterling.

5) Preferably a 2010 model TV.
    Both are brand spanking new

For the rest of the package I'd like to add the Humax HD Freesat box and also for the speaker system I would like to go with the Onkyo HTS3305 system you suggested.
    No problem the Humax Freesat HD is £118.95 or we have the excellent SagemCom DSi86 Freesat HD Receiver at just £89.95 (Boardsie special) and the new Onkyo HTS3305 5.1 Receiver & Speaker package is really excellent at just £299.95.

Finish off the package with a quality set of AV and HDMI cables (don't need Monster cables or similar, a cable is a cable but I don't want budget cables) and we should be good to go!

Any chance we could do a deal on price and is it possible to get the package delivered or will I need to come to Belfast to collect?
    We would be happy to deliver this system when you move in - approx cost would be £49.95 for delivery

Also, seeing as I don't need the package until mid-July, if we put something together a) would I be able to hold the items with a deposit from my credit card and b) if between now and mid-July the price of he goods drops would that be applicable too?
    No problem
    Many thanks for all your help, looking forward to getting something sorted soon!
    Apologies for the delay and keep us posted if we can assist in any way

Good luck with the move!
    ATVB

John Mc & Crew

Thanks a mill for all your help lads. Sounds good although for the Freesat box I'd rather go with this one:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hdr/huma-foxsat-hdr-box

What do you guys think of the 50" LG plasma? What's customer reaction been to that particular set?

Thanks!

Thanks a mill for all your help lads. Sounds good although for the Freesat box I'd rather go with this one:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hdr/huma-foxsat-hdr-box

No problem - available from stock!

What do you guys think of the 50" LG plasma? What's customer reaction been to that particular set?
    Superb - put it this way we are sold out today! But more stock in early next week we hope and to be honest if you are looking for a large screen at decent money - it really is superb (squeeze it into that corner - it's worth it)

Thanks!
    No problem - keep us posted if we can help

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Think I'm ready to sort something. Dropping you a PM now!

Thanks.

Ok John, have sent you a PM. :)

Py,

Apologies - Kenny has been on an ill-deserved holiday the lazy git is back today - but if you bang me a PM or an email - I'll make sure it's attended to today & apologies for the delay again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Missed this post! Ah that explains the delayed reply! No worries. I've PM'd you since as I wanted to add a couple of extra bits to the order.

Let's get it sorted! :)

Kenny and John, sent you both PM's but haven't heard back. Hope all is ok. Let me know! :)

Just a quick note to say thanks a million for sorting me out. Was a pleasure talking with you this morning Kenny. Fair play to you steering me the right way with my shopping list. Most other stores wouldn't take anywhere near as much trouble and consideration as you did.

I'll be sure to pop up to Belfast when I arrive in Ireland to get those speaker stands ordered. Shame the Z2's won't fit properly. :(

Thanks a million John and Kenny. Hope you got the bits through I emailed. Fingers crossed the Harmony 650 comes in!

Job done! Thanks a million lads!

:D

Kenny and John,

Just wanted to publically say thanks a million for the absolutely Georgie Burgess A1 service you provided me with over the last few weeks.

One of your lads dropped the TV, speaker system etc etc etc off to me on Thursday as you promised. Even got a courtesy call to let me know the lad was 15 minutes away from arriving.

Just finished getting everything set up today and am absolutely delighted with everything. The LG50PK590 is absolutely stunning, so glad I chose this TV over anything else.

Best of all is the Onkyo home theatre system. I set it up this morning and ran Watchmen blu ray as a test. I was talking to my fiancee while the movie was playing when a window broke on the movie and made my fiancee and I jump out of our skin it was so loud!

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

If anyone is deciding whether to order from Richer Sounds, go right ahead, you won't regret it. Kudos to Kenny and John for all your help and to you Kenny for answering my barrage of questions!

Thanks again for everything (including the cup!).

Sincerely,

A new regular Richer Sounds customer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Thanks to our new regular Richersounds customer for the words of thanks.

I'll happily accept these thanks seeing as I had nothing to do with the sale and John is off on holidays and Kenny is recovering from an illness in bed.

No serioulsy though......it's always nice to get feedback like this from customers and we really do appreciate the time taken to do so.

We hope you get years of enjoyment from the kit and if there is anything else that we can help out with, please get in touch.

Cheers

Dave (on behalf of Kenny & John) :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.