Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone at Home Broadband Down

• 05-06-2010 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Vodafone at Home broadband went down on Thursday evening ("login failed", phone service unaffected) in Ashbourne, Co. Meath. Phoned helpdesk on Friday and they said there was a problem with the service and they were working on it.

Saturday morning and still no broadband. Mobile Vodafone broadband sucks too as can connect but with 0bps, so that's not much use! :mad: Thank goodness for O2 3G!

Is anyone else experiencing VAH broadband problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LibraMan

Got through to Vodafone helpdesk and they say it's an eircom fault at the exchange and the eircom engineers "are working on it". The fault was reported on Thursday evening but only "confirmed on Friday afternoon"!!!

Having said all that, a neighbour two doors down has no problem with their eircom broadband so someone is telling pork pies!! :mad:

Just off the phone with Vodafone "customer care". They refused to:
    1. give any explanation as to the nature of the fault
    2. escalate it
    3. say when it's likely to be resolved
    4. tell me when it is eventually resolved
    5. open a ticket to record the fault!
    The call centre monkey I was talking to actually used the words - and I quote - "that's they way it is"!!!!

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm going back to eircom. I swore years ago that I wouldn't darken their door again but even their customer service wasn't a contemptuous as Vodafone's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

LibraMan wrote: »
    Just off the phone with Vodafone "customer care". They refused to:
    1. give any explanation as to the nature of the fault
    2. escalate it
    3. say when it's likely to be resolved
    4. tell me when it is eventually resolved
    5. open a ticket to record the fault!
    The call centre monkey I was talking to actually used the words - and I quote - "that's they way it is"!!!!

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm going back to eircom. I swore years ago that I wouldn't darken their door again but even their customer service wasn't a contemptuous as Vodafone's.

That's Vodafone Broadband for you.

I've never dealt with such a bunch of complete incompetents. My hatred of Eircom that built up over the years, is dwindling fast, but I just can't get it out of my head that Eircom is also somehow screwing the competition around.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    That's Vodafone Broadband for you.

I've never dealt with such a bunch of complete incompetents. My hatred of Eircom that built up over the years, is dwindling fast, but I just can't get it out of my head that Eircom is also somehow screwing the competition around.

That's exactly where I'm at now. I swore years ago never to darken eircom's door again but I'm having to reevaluate that now. Even eircom isn't as bad as Vodafone and that's saying something!

I sent an e-mail to Vodafone's UK CEO, Guy Laurence, and copied it to athome.ie@vodafone.com to complain about the standard of customer service. That worked for someone else who PMd me here and Vodafone couldn't do enough for him after that. So I'll bear that in mind while also reluctantly thinking about switching to eircom after the weekend.

It may well be that eircom is messing competitors about. If that's the case then Vodafone should have the details ready to communicate to their customers when they ring up. All I got was stonewalled and I don't believe for a minute that they're still paying engineers overtime to be still "working on" the problem over a bank holiday weekend. It's now 08:50 on Sunday and still no Vodafone broadband. What a shower of cowboys!

Phoned Vodafone helpdesk again and got the same non-answer, blaming eircom.

On telling the agent that I'd already mailed the Vodafone CEO about the, by now, 4-day outage and lousy customer service he relented and gave me an alternative username and password to try. It worked!

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions because, right now, mine isn't fit for publication!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Phoned this morning. No broadband since last Wednesday. Instantly suggested to change my username & pw...

Pretty annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I have noticed a few times since they took over that after 12am it shuts off but always back on in the morning when i get up, weird..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

Oh Sh1t, I thought I was alone, I have not had broadband with Vodafone since the 29th of May,I have had 5 years with BT Ireland without a problem, I have been passed from pillar to post with VF, Eircom were in my house and told me it was a VF problem, when I told VF they became irate that the Eircom tech would have told me this.

To be fair their customer service/Technical department are trying their best and are always apologetic and understanding, but they have no Idea what the problem is or how to solve it.

I am considering moving to Smart (Never Eircom) but I don't know if my problem will continue.

BTW No DSL Light on three types of modem (one of which the Eircom Tech used (zyxcel)), on the main line with or without DSL Filter

P.S
    "More than words" by Extreme (Peels off skin and rolls around in salt)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

xi wrote: »
    I have not had broadband with Vodafone since the 29th of May,I have had 5 years with BT Ireland without a problem,

BTW No DSL Light on three types of modem (one of which the Eircom Tech used (zyxcel)), on the main line with or without DSL Filter

On the same boat as you!

Not had proper broadband since the 29th as well. Was told it was the exchange, my modems which I have two different types, and now I was told its my line and the engineers will have a look.

This is the second engineer to be booked in a week and it will be the same result, "theres nothing wrong with the line", I'm concidering smart aswell, shame UPC aint doing it in my area yet :(

Edit: This is what I'm getting right now:

843093822.png

No way will I pay the full amount of my bill too if they think this is service...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 scarpetta65

Anyone experiencing problems with Vodafone broadband today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Nope

851481341.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

No Broadband since 18/06 either. No one able to indicate when we'll have it back either. Time to move me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Xbox live is pretty much unplayable now, and it's only within the last month or so. Any reason for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

Dont delay, get away from Vodafone asap!

I was with BT for years not one problem, changed over to Vodafone in March and had nothing but hassle. I was even forced to make a complaint to comreg who were pretty useless.

I am now with Eircom a month and I am much happier! Speeds are slower but at least it is reliable!

Advertisement