Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's using rebreathers ?

• 05-06-2010 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭

In the process of buying a Posideon Discovery rebreather, just wondering how many others out there using rebreathers ?

Regards,

Gerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

I thought they were the work of the devil!!
    I know a guy who got one recently. Cant remember the model but he got it for shallow diving not techie stuff. Afaik its usually techies and there is a technichal diving forum for Ireland just google it. They are a very knowledgeable bunch but some are on open circut trimix etc as well.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I use one (inspo).

You would be in good company on http://forum.technicaldiving.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

Many Thanks.

Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Ya another one here, using a slightly modified Inspo.

Just like any new (or relatively new technology) people are gonna say "that'll kill ya", infact when I got mine I was gonna kill the whole club with it! People who dont know are just afraid of them.

Ian

• Advertisement

Got my Posideon Discovery today, looking forward to trainning and SILENT DIVING : :)

Regards,

Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭hk

Best of luck with it, I dive an Inspo, rebreathers are a very enjoyable way to dive and increasingly they are becoming more suited to recreational divers. Im sure that you will enjoy every minute of silent warm moist gas diving

hk, where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭hk

Based in the dublin area

Donegal,

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Did my training over the passed few days on my discovery rebreather.
    Great piece of kit.
    I could swim right up to a fish and touch them, no bubbles, and silents diving.

Did a 53min dive at 21metres with no deco, just a standard 3min at 6-3 metres for good practice, and still had plenty of time and air/oxygen left.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

ISAA wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I could swim right up to a fish and touch them, no bubbles, and silents diving.

I can do that freediving its the best part

Did a 53min dive at 21metres with no deco, just a standard 3min at 6-3 metres for good practice, and still had plenty of time and air/oxygen left.:)
    yeah the 21 m I can do but I have to admit staying there for 53 minutes while holding my breath would be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Congrats on finishing the course.

Would you believe that i got a small spinal bend when i did my rebreather coruse. Similar dive to you which was at about 20m for in and around an hour. Surfaced and couldn't feel part of my hand. Thought it was hypothermia but when feeling didn't return after a couple of days...

Sorry to hear that peace, where/when did you do your training, and with what equipment ?

Advertisement