Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

failing attr : 05 help

• 05-06-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Can somone help me i am tryin to fix my laptop every time i turn it on it comes up with the message 1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure (failing attr : 05).
    now i googled it and people say you have to replace your hard drive now i want to save everythin on the hard drive but every time i press f1 to ignore it comes up a message sayin

(windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    \windows\system32\config\system
    you can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup
    using the original setup cd rom.
    select r at the first screen to repair.)

Now i dont have the cd rom and i dont no if it will make a diffrence can someone help me here please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

What OS are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 scottishriver2

sorry what you mean by os. kinda new to all this

Operating System. Windows Xp, Vista, 7 etc

to be honest i dont know its actually my elderly neighbours and i asked her and she does not know. sorry

It seems likely that your gonna have to replace the hard drive and re-install everything. If you need help or advice PM me!

• Advertisement

thanks for your help mate

Advertisement