Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x19 "Incursion Part 1" **SPOILERS**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lucian Defiance
    The bloody Maquis! When are they going to learn new tricks ay? Always telling us its an old Maquis trick. Get some ****in new ones then.

Loved this episode. Love the show. This and Fringe are keeping me gripped when it seems like all my other shows are finishing up or getting cancelled.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lucian Defiance
    Overheal wrote: »
    Well given the way they've established Greer's character, loyalty is a big thing for him.

Agreed, but what i'm saying is that his loyalty seems to be to his commander and not his friend.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Agreed, but what i'm saying is that his loyalty seems to be to his commander and not his friend.
    Well he's in the military so his loyalty should be to his officer first and foremost and trust in their command decisions. If everyone kept doubting (like they do in TV all the time!), the command structure would fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

McKay
    I wouldn't particularly mind having the Lucian alliance on board but I know that Camille is guaranteed to start scheming with them to get her way. I really hate her ham-fisted attempts to play politics, they really need to start writing her better, same as for Chloe, she seems to exist only to be rescued, fought over and to make Eli's life miserable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lucian Defiance
    ixoy wrote: »
    Well he's in the military so his loyalty should be to his officer first and foremost and trust in their command decisions. If everyone kept doubting (like they do in TV all the time!), the command structure would fall apart.
    Sorry I'm probably not explaining it well, from what we've seen so far Greer has a very close bond with Scott, rather than just manhandle him away, i thought he would have said something like "he's the colonel so he makes the decisions"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭token56

Lucian Defiance
    I wouldn't particularly mind having the Lucian alliance on board but I know that Camille is guaranteed to start scheming with them to get her way. I really hate her ham-fisted attempts to play politics, they really need to start writing her better, same as for Chloe, she seems to exist only to be rescued, fought over and to make Eli's life miserable.

I have to agree Chloe is utterly pointless, and poor Eli, as much as he wants to he's never going to get to hit that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sorry I'm probably not explaining it well, from what we've seen so far Greer has a very close bond with Scott, rather than just manhandle him away, i thought he would have said something like "he's the colonel so he makes the decisions"
    Fair point that - he shoved him away in a very impersonal manner. He could at least have mentioned the chain-of-command. Scott is his buddy as well as his superior officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Lucian Defiance
    token56 wrote: »
    I have to agree Chloe is utterly pointless, and poor Eli, as much as he wants to he's never going to get to hit that.
    you never know, apparently the fella playing eli put on a few stone to play the part, and over time he will loose the weight making it seem more realistic, unlike hurley in lost,

so maybe when he loses the weight chloe might shack up with him, but at which point eli probably wont like her anymore, personally i think eli should get with LT James:D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Lucian Defiance
    don ramo wrote: »
    you never know, apparently the fella playing eli put on a few stone to play the part, and over time he will loose the weight making it seem more realistic, unlike hurley in lost,

so maybe when he loses the weight chloe might shack up with him, but at which point eli probably wont like her anymore, personally i think eli should get with LT James:D
    :D

Its funny because when they were running through the halls getting shot at, and you were horrified at the sight of those big Moobs, I shouted at the screen "Run, Fatty!"

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

don ramo wrote: »

Why has he not already lost any weight, like we saw ages ago they were all supposed to be getting put on a training regime when Scott was making them run. We know they don't have loads of food there. Surely there should be a noticeable different in a couple of the cast members by now.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jasperman

Lucian Defiance
    TheKells wrote: »
    Why has he not already lost any weight, like we saw ages ago they were all supposed to be getting put on a training regime when Scott was making them run. We know they don't have loads of food there. Surely there should be a noticeable different in a couple of the cast members by now.:confused:

well is it not possible all the foods they have being eating are really fattening? its not like they have the ingrediants and daily guideline amount stuff. Although I always thought he seemed to be getting thinner, like his close are getting a little baggy in my eyes or that could be my imagination. And since he seems to know how to work things (like rush) he might be getting an extra bit (or he is stealing it we saw him do that before)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Overheal wrote: »
    Well given the way they've established Greer's character, loyalty is a big thing for him.
    And sadism to a certain degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    Im pretty sure i remember rush saying it wasnt as fast as hyperdrive in one of the early episodes and it makes sense that way, this was launched prior to the ancients ascending and i think its implied from the rough not nearly as slick designs of other lantean tech like atlantis that the ftl is a slower earlier design of space travel

He says travelling faster than light but not through hyperspace. Just because it was designed earlier dosen't mean its slower or not as efficient or anything at all really. Concorde was designed before a lot of modern aircraft and if it was still flying would put the majority of them to shame. Could be that it was one of the most advanced drives they ever created but the elements needed to make it were just that rare that not many of them were constructed. Or it could be that it is indeed a pile of crap. We just dont know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

McKay
    Why did they leave the 302s behind? Asgard beams can beam entire buildings and ships instantly. The jamming was only a small area on the planet. Ironic seeing as it was supposed to constrast good and bad command decisions.

Jasperman wrote: »
    well is it not possible all the foods they have being eating are really fattening? its not like they have the ingrediants and daily guideline amount stuff. Although I always thought he seemed to be getting thinner, like his close are getting a little baggy in my eyes or that could be my imagination. And since he seems to know how to work things (like rush) he might be getting an extra bit (or he is stealing it we saw him do that before)

I haven't noticed him getting any thinner, but then again I haven't noticed when some of my family have lost weight slowly :eek:
    DingChavez wrote: »
    Why did they leave the 302s behind? Asgard beams can beam entire buildings and ships instantly. The jamming was only a small area on the planet. Ironic seeing as it was supposed to constrast good and bad command decisions.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too, at the very least they could have beamed out the pilots and left the ships behind.

Lucian Defiance
    imo the producers are making a conscious move away from the "Wow that was handy" moments.

Cos its just too ****ing convenient to use a nuke to blow up a hive ship, that powers a stargate, that kawooshes an ori mothership into oblivion,etc.

That and it was instrumental to the ep's plot :pac: Lets call it an unstable planet made of naquadah and call it time for Tea!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Lucian Defiance
    Ratings at all time low: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/08/friday-cable-ratings-icarly-stargate-universe-merlin-more/53496

Stargate Universe
    - 1.178 million viewers
    - 0.8/1 HH
    - 0.4/2 A18-49

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Lucian Defiance
    i dont understand how its gettin such bad ratings, ill give it that it started off slow, but after the midseason break it picked up massively, you would think the numbers would have grown after midseason not shrunk,

Lucian Defiance
    well unfortunately theres no unifying plot to run off of and so its easily to lose interest. at least with other shows theres that. Even SG1 had Apophis et all to drive it forward. And Star Trek often found success by recycling plot lines surrounding the Borg or Jem'hadar. And BSG had the Cylons, Religion, and a mysterious Earth. Universe its currently "Where are we going?" "No idea" "Great. Im thirsty."

Theres nothing technically wrong with the episodes but the Season as a whole lacked a strong central plot. It just meandered between 3 or 4 sub plots and hasnt really fleshed them out all that well as i thought they might end up doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Vent the whole thing into space

I found the whole lot of Sams mission confusing. Normally they would send down commandos, try to break the jamming and try dialing the gate to stop people escaping,all of which would be quite realistic in terms of SG:U.

Instead she gets there.... and decides the best option is to start bombing the place with fighters? No concern for Talford?

For me, every decision made in this ep was uncharacteristic, and just an excuse to get the LA onto the ship. For SG:1 or Atlantis this would be a great ep., but frankly, i expect more from SG:U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

I think the viewing figures is more indicative of the timeslot SGU is in, rather than the show itself. Look-
    Live+SD

Air Part 1/2 - 1.7 HH (2.3 Million viewers)
    Air Part 3 - 1.8 HH (2.4 Million viewers)
    Darkness - 1.6 HH rating (2.1 Million viewers)
    Light - 1.5 HH rating (2.0 Million viewers)
    Water - 1.5 HH rating (2.0 Million viewers)
    Earth - 1.3 HH rating (1.6 Million viewers)
    Time - 1.3 HH rating (1.8 Million viewers)
    Life - 1.4 HH rating (1.9 Million viewers)
    Justice 1.1 HH rating (1.3 Million viewers)
    Space - 1.2 HH rating (1.5 Million viewers)
    Divided - 1.2 HH rating (1.6 Million viewers)
    Faith - 1.0 HH rating (1.3 Million viewers)
    Human - 1.1 HH rating (1.4 Million viewers)
    Lost - 1.2 HH rating (1.6 Million viewers)
    Sabotage - 1.1 HH rating (1.4 Million viewers)
    Pain - 1.2 HH rating (1.5 Million viewers)
    Subversion - 1.1 HH rating (1.4 Million viewers)
    Incursion Part 1 - 0.9 HH rating (1.2 Million viewers)

Live + 7

Air Part 1/2 - 2.0 HH (2.8 Million viewers)
    Air Part 3 - 2.2 HH (3.0 Million viewers)
    Darkness - 1.9 HH (2.6 Million viewers)
    Light - 2.0 HH (2.7 Million viewers)
    Water - 2.0 HH (2.6 Million viewers)
    Earth - 1.8 HH (2.3 Million viewers)
    Time - 1.9 HH (2.5 Million viewers
    Life - 1.8 HH (2.4 Million viewers)
    Justice - 1.5 HH (2.0 Million viewers)
    Space - 1.5 HH rating (2.1 Million viewers)
    Divided - 1.5 HH rating (2.1 Million viewers)
    Faith - 1.4 HH rating (1.9 Million viewers)
    Human - 1.5 HH rating (2.0 Million viewers)
    Lost - 1.5 HH rating (2.1 Million viewers)
    Sabotage - 1.4 HH rating (1.9 Million viewers)
    Pain - 1.4 HH rating (2.0 Million viewers)
    The Live+SD numbers have been low and fluctuating, but the Live+7 numbers have stayed stable at around 2.0 million since it returned for the last 10 episodes. That just shows that people aren't around to watch SGU in it's current timeslot but are recording it to watch it later. The move to Tuesday nights should help it easily

Lucian Defiance
    Tuesday is Server Reset night on WoW servers. I know they had this in mind :cool:

"I scaled the redridge mountains once, with a full pack."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

The Live+7 numbers don't count for anything with Networks/Advertisers. It's the Live+SD that counts as that's when people view the ads. Since SGU was made to appeal to casual, non-longtime stargate fans too, it's not hard to imagine that a lot of it's viewers would be out on a Friday night instead of staying home to watch one show. Tuesday is the golden night for shows. There's a lot more competition, but there's a lot more total viewers than on a Friday night. SGU won't be in direct competition with the heavyhitters like Glee, but it will be up against NCIS LA. They don't really share the same core audience though. And even if people watch NCIS LA instead, and record SGU to watch straight after, it'll still go towards the Live+SD figures.
    It's not just SGU that's down. Syfy have said that it's Friday night figures are down on all shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Lucian Defiance
    took me 3 days to download this episode, but finally watched it on wed. :D
    brilliant episode, especially with Eli going on about WoW :P

now it's going to take ages to download the next episode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Good point, also why did they not use one of the " Gate Buster " bombs on the planet to just blow it to bits.

Good point, also why did they not use one of the " Gate Buster " bombs on the planet to just blow it to bits.

They wanted to use the planet as a way of sending supplies to Destiny.

Advertisement