Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Faction Armageddon - now featuring aliens for some reason

Options
  • 05-06-2010 12:10pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭

...................huh.

I'm genuinely unsure what to make of that trailer. I liked Guerrilla for the most part, but it did get pretty repetitive towards the end. The one thing I didn't necessarily think it suffered without was martian zombies. Yeah, martian zombies are often a welcome addition, but here? Hmm...

Don't get me wrong, tonal shifts between sequels aren't always a disaster - see Alien / Aliens.

Yet for some reason I can't stop thinking about Warrior Within.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

To be honest Red Faction wasn't a particularly plot heavy game. If they are fun to blow the **** out of then I'll be happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    To be honest Red Faction wasn't a particularly plot heavy game. If they are fun to blow the **** out of then I'll be happy.

Well the engine from Guerrilla was pretty impressive, that plus aliens could work well.

I just think the shift from sandbox guerrilla warfare to survival horror (of sorts) is a particularly random one!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

there were aliens in the original red faction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Well the engine from Guerrilla was pretty impressive, that plus aliens could work well.

yeah it was, i enjoyed the martian landscape & general ambience of it. was better in a vehicle than not however.. -luckily the fact that game was also overrated did not spoil my mild enjoyment

could do with this right now tbh. or any time over the remainder of this year cos quite frankly regarding PS3 releases the forecast is BLEAK.
    actually anticipating the yearly COD fall release it is that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The videos removed now btw.

I liked Guerilla as well but never got round to finishing it yet. By the time i was near the end it was after getting really repetitive. Ill have to go back to it again some time.

Destroying the buildings never got boring though.

If they could improve the combat and have a bit more variety to side missions i think the next game will be brilliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement