Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cube agree gtc pro

• 05-06-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Does anyone ride a cube carbon frame bike? I'm interested in the cube agree gtc pro and probably compact and was wondering if anyone had any reports good or bad about cube bikes? They seem similar to the focus in price and spec but look a bit more flash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

ashleey wrote: »
    Does anyone ride a cube carbon frame bike? I'm interested in the cube agree gtc pro and probably compact and was wondering if anyone had any reports good or bad about cube bikes? They seem similar to the focus in price and spec but look a bit more flash
    i have the GTC race,its a lovely bike,the only hang up i have with it is there is a small creaking noise coming from the bb on it,other than that its great..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Did you buy from cyclesuperstore? They seem like a pretty good store and their prices are in line with the Internet stores and they offer a redeemable bike fitting. I ride a 62 cm beone aluminium frame as I'm 6 foot 4. I am leaning towards 60 cm on the cube. Are they a big bike anyway such that I should maybe buy 58cm?

Did you buy from cyclesuperstore? They seem like a pretty good store and their prices are in line with the Internet stores and they offer a redeemable bike fitting. I ride a 62 cm beone aluminium frame as I'm 6 foot 4. I am leaning towards 60 cm on the cube. Are they a big bike anyway such that I should maybe buy 58cm?
    yeah bought it in the css,they are a fairly small fit so at 6.4 you'll find it hard enough to get one to fit..I'm 5.8 and I'm on a 58,I know that seems very big for my hight but I'm perfect on it..

Looks like it's a 60 cm for me then. Thanks for the advice. 62cm would be massive for a carbon bike. Is the Race model worth the extra over the Pro model? I guess I would have to get css to order it in for me anyway as they only have other Cube models in stock. They seem like a good shop too and a redeemable fitting service would be well worth it for me. Was the price of your bike competitive with other stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Looks like it's a 60 cm for me then. Thanks for the advice. 62cm would be massive for a carbon bike. Is the Race model worth the extra over the Pro model? I guess I would have to get css to order it in for me anyway as they only have other Cube models in stock. They seem like a good shop too and a redeemable fitting service would be well worth it for me. Was the price of your bike competitive with other stores?

ashley

i was tempted about buying the same bike, but im 6'2, and i reckoned even the 62cm frame would be too small for me

so just be sure before you buy

because fran is a midget, and he's on a 58

p.s, i cycle with fran, so the midget statement is not fabricated, sorry Fran! :D

• Advertisement

ashley

i was tempted about buying the same bike, but im 6'2, and i reckoned even the 62cm frame would be too small for me

so just be sure before you buy

because fran is a midget, and he's on a 58

p.s, i cycle with fran, so the midget statement is not fabricated, sorry Fran! :D
    Lanky tw.t

Advice appreciated. One shop did suggest that I get a 62cm. My current aluminum Beone is 62cm (sale reduction) and when I'm riding it I feel that I can see over the hedges. Having said that, I swapped the 120mm stem for 100mm and I never get any aches. Now the spend is more than 600 quid then I would prefer to get a proper fit first time. Or maybe I should just be happy with what I have? (not very cyclist like I know, and Tiagra feels so last year)

Advertisement