Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Freeze

Options
  • 05-06-2010 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Are they suitable for veggies? I recently got a huge box of them for free, but I don't know if they're suitable. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

can you see an ingredients list? check what's on the red/strawberry one. not E120 / carminic acid /carmine /cochineal I hope! that's the only thing that jumps to mind. haven't had mr. freeze in years so can't remember what's in it myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

My mam threw the box out.. lol =/
    Yeah I'll check Google for it now, thanks

EDIT: Google came up with nothing :(
    They look so nice in my freezer :(

It is basically sugar and water. I can't see why they would possibly need to put an animal ingredient in it. Except for the red one.

I can check in my local shop for you tomorrow. If you want.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Please note that all Kisko and Mr. Freeze non juice items are produced with the following ingredients:

Water, Glucose-Fructose/Sugar, Citric Acid, Simulated Flavours, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose (Stabilizer), Less than 1/10 of 1% Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (to Maintain Freshness), Colour. The colours used are Red # 40, Blue # 1, and Yellow # 6, with the exception of lime freezies which contain Yellow # 5.

Mr. Freeze® No Sugar Added freeze pops are sweetened with SPLENDA®.

The Motts Fruitsations 100% Ice Bars are produced from concentrate with natural flavours and fruit and vegetable juices for colour. They have No Sugar added and have been approved by the Health Check Program of the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation. For ingredients please see “Juice Products” on the Product page.

Also says they are nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, egg-free and Kosher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Thanks a lot guys. Too bad the weather is now horrible. xD

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Never stops me with ice treats, nomnom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

They should be fine, If possible check the ingredients to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

what about a list of HB products suitable for vegetarians.

i emailed them over a week ago and got no response

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

can you see an ingredients list? check what's on the red/strawberry one. not E120 / carminic acid /carmine /cochineal I hope! that's the only thing that jumps to mind. haven't had mr. freeze in years so can't remember what's in it myself :)

Someone was asking about m&m's before and actually that's what's in them making them still not veggie, the E120 colouring.

was that in your list, whooops, how did I not spot that. common avoidance :|

• Advertisement

Washout wrote: »
    what about a list of HB products suitable for vegetarians.

i emailed them over a week ago and got no response

what about a big thread of asking if something is veggie/vegan from our experiences and any emails that we can keep adding to or be asked questions...maameeo was asking me could she. maybe if there is enough interest I guess! That or the current 'Super Sticky of Info' where you can get information added too if you PM sweet-rasmus or myself might still do. Still discussion could help, I am unsure. Limited rate of additions atm as people getting involved themselves in discussion might yield more active participation?

was that in your list, whooops, how did I not spot that. common avoidance :|

no it wasn't, you didn't miss nothing.

less impressed with list :pacc:

hoooooooow come when somebody quotes a colon lik you did, it looks lightly sideways

w/e
    m&m's are crap.
    It doesn't always, those are your drunk eyes :P

don't say that, it breaks my heart.
    my drunk eyes don't think about colons thanks, everywhere I go... lalala

Advertisement