Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Army and navy store closed?

Options
  • 05-06-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Last time I needed something from it the place was not open I need something again today but before I drive into town and park up it would be handy to know if the army and navy store still trades????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I dont know but maybe Google it and see if you can get a phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

It has been a few weeks since I was in there but it was open..there has been rumours of it closing for months tho. The upstairs ladies stock is meant to be reopening at some stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Cheers thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    I dont know but maybe Google it and see if you can get a phone number.

I'd have never thought of that..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

There was a dude with a sign standing outside there a few days ago so im guessing it's still open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

It closed to remodel it's upstairs a few months back. Open for business now though.

snubbleste wrote: »

Really? Kinda stupid to have not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

eagle10 wrote: »
    Last time I needed something from it the place was not open I need something again today but before I drive into town and park up it would be handy to know if the army and navy store still trades????

the place might as well be closed. they have very little to offer. buy online or go to dublin if you need any army surplus.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    buy online or go to dublin if you need any army surplus.

Or raid Renmore Barracks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Or raid Renmore Barracks

in days gone by, and probably still today you joined the FCA and they gave you several hundred euros worth of kit and you could just feck off and nobody would ever ask for it back. good boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

your better off buying online or camping shops for mugs etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

snubbleste wrote: »
    Really? Kinda stupid to have not.

That's a bit harsh. No need for it.

And it's not necessarily stupid at all. A lot of businesses that small wouldn't have any information on the internet.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't bother saying anything at all.

kraggy wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh. No need for it.
    There is when someone attacks a post that was earnestly trying to help.
    And it's not necessarily stupid at all. A lot of businesses that small wouldn't have any information on the internet.

How would you know for certain if you dont check.Many websites have a business listings directory complete with opening hours and contact information.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't bother saying anything at all.

Something nice like - I like to try help people out if I can.

What post was attacked or am I completely blind?

Ooooooh.... Handbags at dawn!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They haven't closed they just changed from an Army Navy store to a Spec Ops and counter intelligence shop. It looks just like any other shop now but if you go down the back and pull the 3rd shoe from the right you can see the army stuff.

What post was attacked or am I completely blind?

Completely blind.

Completely blind.

Very smart.

Where was the attack?

If you're referring to the "I'd never have thought of that" line, then you're wrong in calling it an attack. It seems to me to have been a genuine admittance by the person that they would not have thought of it. Even if it is sarcastic, it's still not an attack. It's just being sarky.

Either way, you're wrong.

If I give a person genuine advice in order to help them I dont expect to have anyone take issue with it.An insipid sarky remark certainly but taken in context-it was attack.
    Your understanding is incorrect in this instance.

If I give a person genuine advice in order to help them I dont expect to have anyone take issue with it.An insipid sarky remark certainly but taken in context-it was attack.
    Your understanding is incorrect in this instance.

You clearly don't understand the meaning of the word "attack".

And you don't know for sure that the person was having a dig at you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement