Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ocean Kayak Frenzy at Union Chandlery Cork

• 05-06-2010 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

Im looking to buy my first Sit on Top Kayak, and have been looking around cork city. My Fave boat so far is the Freny (ocean Kayak) which i saw in Union Chandlery.

Anyone else had any experiance with these types of boats?

Any advice would be a great help

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

Yea they seem to be solid I would hazard a guess and say they are prob one of the best selling sit-on-tops on the market. They are wide and stable go nice and straight but to me look like they go pretty slow.

The Perception Scooter is a deadly little sit on top nice and stable yet fast enough and maneuverable. Really depends on what you want to do with it.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Paddy
    irishcanoekayak.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thecraghopper

thanks pmcormack

I have heard only good things about the frenzy, but yeh i guess you could be right, its not the most pointed boat ive seen but i think it could be a good all rounder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Smart Guy

I have a frenzy, a Mailibu 2, a yak board and a prowler 13. They all have different uses for waves it is the yak, for a general allrounder it has to be the frenzy. The prowler is quick and agile for longer distances. The frenzy though is very steady, easy to transport and a good all rounder if you are not sure what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 amcshannon

I have an RTM mambo and have to say that i'm very happy with it. Its not the fastest on the flat water , but it has great stability on the surf. It seems to be a great all rounder, but i have only limited experience with other boats. For a beginner like me, it seems the biz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dmcc1987

Hi

Im looking to buy my first Sit on Top Kayak, and have been looking around cork city. My Fave boat so far is the Freny (ocean Kayak) which i saw in Union Chandlery.

Anyone else had any experiance with these types of boats?

Any advice would be a great help

Thanks

theirs a new sit on top available similar to the frenzy selling for €320 called the star flyer it can you can tested out for free at staroutdoors kenmaredmcc1987@gmail.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement