Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite cupcake recipes?

Options
  • 05-06-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to try out some new cupcake recipes (I thought first of putting this in the recipes forum, but thought considering it would get a better response here)

So what are your tried and tested favourites?

For me, the chocolate guinness cupcakes with baileys icing are always a hit. And for my standard vanilla recipe I use the hummingbird bakery recipe.

I'd love to try a hazelnut icing recipe - when I try to find one on google, a majority of them use nutella, which I can't have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm working my way through the ones in the hummingbird book at the moment.
    The strawberry cheesecake ones were a big hit.
    Marshmallow ones were nice too, but very sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nobleedinway

i love making cupcakes, i found this site a while ago:
    http://www.cupcake-creations.com/cupcake-recipes.html

both the rasberry & chocolate and the vanilla cupcakes are so simple to make but they are delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Are the hummingbird recipes available to download or do you have to buy the book. Have done a search but only got the marshmellow ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i use the magnolia books quite a bit.
    my faves are the classics red velvet with vanilla frosting and vanilla with vanilla buttercream...i make alot of others but i love these the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

PaddyJules wrote: »
    Are the hummingbird recipes available to download or do you have to buy the book. Have done a search but only got the marshmellow ones.

I find them on baking blogs.

I really like the hummingbird vanilla ones, a classic. I'm going to bake some cupcakes for a birthday tomorrow and was trying to find hazelnut ones but no luck finding a recipe so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

For me, the chocolate guinness cupcakes with baileys icing are always a hit. And for my standard vanilla recipe I use the hummingbird bakery recipe.

This sound gorgeous. What is the recipe for the Guinness/Baileys cupcake?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

This sound gorgeous. What is the recipe for the Guinness/Baileys cupcake?

Everyone raved about these for weeks after I made them.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/car-bomb-cupcakes/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Everyone raved about these for weeks after I made them.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/car-bomb-cupcakes/

Ooh super! Thanks!

Can't wait to make them!!!!!

Advertisement