Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer shops

Options
  • 05-06-2010 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Are there any shops in Galway that sell computer components (cases, power supply units, case fans, TV cards, CPUs, mobos etc.). A decent selection and decent pricing would be nice, but I suppose that's to much to ask for.

I know of Maplin in Wellpark, and was in PC World in Wellpark a year ago, but it looks like it is closed down now.

Is there anything closer to the city centre or on the west side I don't know about?

Comments

Not aware of any - would you not normally buy this stuff online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Not aware of any - would you not normally buy this stuff online?

I would but it would be nice to pick up at least the case locally, to keep the shipping costs of the other components minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

PC World is still open as far as I know, probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

There are repair shops around town but they wouldn't have much in stock and would obviously pass on shipping costs if they ordered anything for you.

I'd just stick to Maplin or buy online if you feel you aren't getting a good deal with whatever you are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I would but it would be nice to pick up at least the case locally, to keep the shipping costs of the other components minimal.

PcWorld are selling the CM Half for 140, I got it for around 80 online. Your best bet is buying online,especially if you are doing a home build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I was gonna make my own thread, but this thread could possibly do as it's the same people who'll be looking at it..

Could anyone recommend any reputable computer(laptop) repair places? I know my way around a computer, but my laptop is a little bit out of shape since I got it, and stuff just happened to start going wrong a week or two after the one year warranty expired...and basically, I think I need some new RAM & a new hard drive..I don't mind paying someone to fix it up / replace the parts as I don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to playing around inside laptops!

In essence, long story short, can anyone recommend a decent laptop repair shop in Galway? :)

and @ OP, as for computer parts, it's probs cheapest buying online, I got some stuff off Komplett.ie before for a reasonable price, as far as I know, Maplin & PC World as you said, I've seen cases in there, but the selection wasn't up to much.....Curry's sells PC components too, but probably not what you're looking for!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

<snip>

Could anyone recommend any reputable computer(laptop) repair places?

</snip>

Galway Laptop Repairs Thread

Happy reading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,586 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Maplin (up until this day last week) was still open as far as I am aware...........They sell components but you will defo get cheaper and better options online.
    PC world sell a few bits and pieces as well but the same piece of advice above applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

kippy wrote: »
    Maplin (up until this day last week) was still open as far as I am aware...........
    I think the OP meant that PC World was closed, not Maplin.

I'd also echo what others have posted about buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,586 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Malice_ wrote: »
    I think the OP meant that PC World was closed, not Maplin.

I'd also echo what others have posted about buying online.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Up until last week and still to my knowledge PC world in Wellpark is still open as well........

• Advertisement

The carpet shop next to PC world closed. That could be the confusion.

Advertisement