Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented conditions

• 05-06-2010 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

I am unsure on the areas of law and safety
    But

I have been looking at places recently (to buy) and one place that I came across is being rented.
    It is a 5 bed room originally but they are renting it to about 20/25 people(honestly there were so many people here, that I could not be certain, it could be more).

It is absolutely crazy and looks like a tenement. There are rooms that have been divided by plaster walls. One of these "new" rooms then has no window.
    They have children in each of these rooms. The place reminds me of those horrible places you would see in shoddy american apartment buildings.

Do landlords not have a responsibility towards the safety, of their tennants?
    Also I though that there are minimum standards, that can be met?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

This house doesn't meet the minimum standards for rentals in this country. You should report it to your council and have them do an inspection.

Advertisement