Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleat position?

• 05-06-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Guys got new pedals - Shimano SPD SL and new Scott shoes.I noticed when I was setting up the cleats that when I have them in my preffered position the front of my shoes hit the front tire ie.right pedal horizontal with the wheel turned left.Does happen to anyboy else?I got frightened and moved the cleat forwards but its not in my preferred position.Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

olmo wrote: »
    Guys got new pedals - Shimano SPD SL and new Scott shoes.I noticed when I was setting up the cleats that when I have them in my preffered position the front of my shoes hit the front tire ie.right pedal horizontal with the wheel turned left.Does happen to anyboy else?I got frightened and moved the cleat forwards but its not in my preferred position.Thanks in advance!

I think that's called toe overlap. Not sure how to fix that. Bigger frame maybe or fork with bigger offset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

omri wrote: »
    I think that's called toe overlap. Not sure how to fix that. Bigger frame maybe or fork with bigger offset.

saw your toes off is about the only thing you can do without needing a new bike/shorter cranks/altering cleat positioning [not recommended if it is right already]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

The same happens to me, but it should only happen when you're making tight turns at a low speed. My solution is a series of short sharper turns when the pedals are in the right place :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Coronal wrote: »
    The same happens to me, but it should only happen when you're making tight turns at a low speed. My solution is a series of short sharper turns when the pedals are in the right place :P

and clip out one foot if you're making a u turn on a smaller road. Oh and if your pushing off from a tight -T junction, angle the bike towards the direction you want to go first [or even when stopped works too] this makes the angle or turn less severe and your less likely to hit the front wheel as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

Saw this recently, about moving cleat position to the centre of the foot leading to an 8-9% increase in power, however it does lead to issues with hitting the wheel.
    http://www.trainingbible.com/joesblog/2007/01/cleat-position.html

Looks weird, but interesting - anybody ever try it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

tyler71 wrote: »
    Saw this recently, about moving cleat position to the centre of the foot leading to an 8-9% increase in power, however it does lead to issues with hitting the wheel.
    http://www.trainingbible.com/joesblog/2007/01/cleat-position.html

Looks weird, but interesting - anybody ever try it?

Ive made a mod to mine, will test and report back later.
    http://img266.imageshack.us/i/sidihitechcarbsoleuj0.jpg/

Advertisement