Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free PC Game of your choice!

Options
  • 05-06-2010 2:47pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Go to www.greenmangaming.com, choose a game, put it in your basket, make an account, use this voucher code on checkout: 1FREE-PROMO-WORLD and your done. You need to install their steam type client but its free, sorry if its already been posted, list of games here

Enjoy :)

Nick

Heres how to get free game and avoid confusion: "Buy" the game you want, if it says 1c needed even after applying voucher click accept, you will not be asked for cc details in the next step & you can confirm order, then download capsule client, login and you should have it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Site has slowed to a crawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Yeah, I can't seem to get on the site either. Any decent games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The page does load albeit very slowly.

Their top 10 sellers list currently.

1.Kings Bounty: The Legend
    2.Beat Hazard
    3.A Farewell to Dragons
    4.Trine
    5.Painkiller Black Edition
    6.Men of War: Red Tide
    7.Grand Ages: Rome
    8.Dark Sector
    9.Ninja Blade
    10.Zombie Driver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

World of Goo would be the best game to get IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How long is this lasting for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else getting a 504 gateway timeout error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Anyone else getting a 504 gateway timeout error?

Yep, Slashdot effect

Dam,realy want men of war red tide :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Painfully slow. :(

downloading men of war red tide atm,hope its good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Says it's expired :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Googled this. Found a forum with people sharing accounts, making numerous accounts etc. Probably because of them that it was cancelled. Won't link there.

Also found this:
    Any PC game from Green Man Gaming – Free
    05/06/2010 in Digital Distribution
    FINAL UPDATE: TURBO:
    This offer has now expired.

Update:
    I have spoke to Terry Cavanagh, developer of VVVVVV, and he says that he was shocked by the news that this offer was on.

I hadn’t heard a thing about it until I saw the post on SavyGamer. I’ve emailed them and they’ve said they’ll pay me for any downloaded copies, so I guess it’s not a big deal, maybe?

Hopefully it’s just a misunderstanding, and all the developers and publishers will either have given permission, or get paid correctly by Green Man Gaming.

Update2:
    Green Man Gaming have confirmed “all publishers will be paid in full on this promotion”. Thanks Gian.

Going to cost them a lot of money if they pay all the developers in full. Seems like a major fnck up in several ways really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

appreciate the heads up on the free games, however I was thinkin ..."naively i know !!",,,that it was gonna be any PC game ...or a big list :P :P

Unfortunately, signing up to that and picking one of those games, for me equates to going to a crackhouse and selecting which disease I'd like to contract :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

SeantheMan wrote: »
    appreciate the heads up on the free games, however I was thinkin ..."naively i know !!",,,that it was gonna be any PC game ...or a big list :P :P

Unfortunately, signing up to that and picking one of those games, for me equates to going to a crackhouse and selecting which disease I'd like to contract :P
    1. There are 143 games there.
    2. The offer is over anyway
    3. Crack is smoked, not injected

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

pwd wrote: »
    Googled this. Found a forum with people sharing accounts, making numerous accounts etc. Probably because of them that it was cancelled. Won't link there.

Also found this:
    Any PC game from Green Man Gaming – Free
    05/06/2010 in Digital Distribution
    FINAL UPDATE: TURBO:
    This offer has now expired.

Update:
    I have spoke to Terry Cavanagh, developer of VVVVVV, and he says that he was shocked by the news that this offer was on.

I hadn’t heard a thing about it until I saw the post on SavyGamer. I’ve emailed them and they’ve said they’ll pay me for any downloaded copies, so I guess it’s not a big deal, maybe?

Hopefully it’s just a misunderstanding, and all the developers and publishers will either have given permission, or get paid correctly by Green Man Gaming.

Update2:
    Green Man Gaming have confirmed “all publishers will be paid in full on this promotion”. Thanks Gian.

Going to cost them a lot of money if they pay all the developers in full. Seems like a major fnck up in several ways really.

VVVVVV is very old school and a satisfying game to play.

http://thelettervsixtim.es/

Advertisement