Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to not go crazy, panic and forget everything?

Options
  • 05-06-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

I think I am going to have a crazy big panic attack, I can feel it coming on as it gets closer to the leaving cert, how can I make sure I don't snap in the middle of the exam and ruin all my hard work by panicking, forgetting everything and running from the room crying?

:(:(:(

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Go to the cinema the night before. See something that requires no thought what so ever.

remember its Just an exam, and you can repeat it if you need to. Its not the end of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Try and imagine you're just in your room doing homework or something, DON'T be thinking "oh god oh god oh god!!!" Don't put too much pressure on yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

+1 on the cinema the night before

Our Accounting teacher said if we panicked in any exam, the best thing to do is to sit back in the chair and think of a funny memory that you remember. You'll feel better and apparently it helps refocus the mind and you'll start to remember stuff then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MagsK93

I got bachs rescue remedy you can get it in any pharmacy, i dont really like taking stuff to calm me down but its made from plants so it must be ok! if i do get very panicky ill use it im hoping itll work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Haha rescue remedy always makes me more nervous, cos I always take it when I'm nervous so the smell and taste bring back memories of exam/debating nervousness to me :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Megsy

I took rescue remedy before my driving test and it worked! I'm definitely going to be abusing it before all my exams anyway haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

I think I am going to have a crazy big panic attack, I can feel it coming on as it gets closer to the leaving cert, how can I make sure I don't snap in the middle of the exam and ruin all my hard work by panicking, forgetting everything and running from the room crying?

I think this will never happen to curlyhatescurls with magic concentration roll on lemon balm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

To go by a hypnosis style idea, think of a time when you were extremely happy then return to test..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

MagsK93 wrote: »
    I got bachs rescue remedy you can get it in any pharmacy, i dont really like taking stuff to calm me down but its made from plants so it must be ok! if i do get very panicky ill use it im hoping itll work :)

lol read the ingredients its got a nice little portion of brandy to give those plants a little kick!

I find not giving myself a moment to think prevents me panicking, keep yourself busy, keep talking to less stressed friends right up to the start of the exam etc, some would say you should be reading over notes at that point, i say its too late so distract yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

i did that in my very last mock..i completely blanked so just sat there staring at the page for the whole exam..i ran out crying at the end...cringe!:/
    yeah, im overdosing on rescue remedy! im counting on it to keep me sane..! ..it tastes horrible straight up, but if you mix it with water it tastes like flowers...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

shot a whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

I think this will never happen to curlyhatescurls with magic concentration roll on lemon balm

Ah 'leavingcert' THIS is what you were talking about this morning!!!!

Advertisement