Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL Irish Poetry

Options
  • 05-06-2010 3:24pm

Ok, so Irish is my only ordinary level subject so I have been neglecting it all year. I won't be needing it for points, but I'm not thoroughly awful at Irish, I usually get between a C1-B1 in it. However I haven't even looked at it outside class since the mocks, and even then I did very little for it. Paper 2 isn't worth much, so in the coming days I'd really like to learn as little for it as I can get away with. I know you're *supposed* to learn all the poems, but if I were to leave one out which would it be? I'm thinking of leaving Jack as it came up a lot recently, but I don't know really. Has anyone else been doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Not sure to be honest, would really like to know the answer because I want to get by doing the bare minimum for this subject. Not counting it for points at all and like yourself haven't done anything since the mocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

I only started the Paper 2 study for this a few days ago, all I'm doing is learning off the 25mark questions for "An Bhean Og" Clare sa Speir" and "Cearbhach Mac Caba". The info in the 25mark answers will cover you for the other q's too.

On the poetry side of things I'm goin to do Nil aon Ni, Faiseaomh, Gealt and Jack. All you need for each poem is an example of a metaphor, image and feeling, and know the theme.

Should be soooound on all that.

Advertisement