Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda Prelude Nicked

Options
  • 05-06-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Just heard a friend has his car robbed last night (assuming City Centre, Wood Quay area). He has owned it for 17 years! So this is really sh*t for him:(
    Just in case, it is a red Honda Prelude - reg ending in 575
    Maybe if anyone spots it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Ah no that sucks, lovely car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Will keep an eye out... Thievin bostards.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Now I am seriously shocked.. I dont know about cars, but I googled " honda prelude" and its for sure now! I went for a walk with my dog saturday morning and it was there - at the entrance to Merlin Woods from Doughiska - completely burned! I am really sorry for your friend. What a people... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

i know its scumbags who rob cars, but hopefully when someday they scrimp and save and are finally able to buy a car of their own,i hope someone robs it and runs them over with it!anyone who robs a car in my book is only worthy of my utter contempt. i know some people will say insurance etc. these scum most likely off their heads are a danger to other road users and if they crash and only kill themselves it'll be societys gain

rant over

i am aware there are worse crimes than car theft. it just bugs me alot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Thanks folks. Wow, just saw this, I will ring him tomorrow and tell him about the possibility of Merlin Woods :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,586 ✭✭✭✭kippy

inisboffin wrote: »
    Thanks folks. Wow, just saw this, I will ring him tomorrow and tell him about the possibility of Merlin Woods :(

If it is that car it was taken away yesterday afternoon on the back of a truck.
    I am sure the Gardai have been in contact already.
    Car theft makes my blood boil. Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Too bad for your mate OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i wish someone would steal my car and burn it out.
    insurance money FTW.

Well, he rang the guards and it doesn't seem like the burnt car was his. Stuff in the boot too that was irreplaceable, it's not always a better option to get the insurance :(

still keeping an eye out, thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

inisboffin wrote: »
    Stuff in the boot too that was irreplaceable, it's not always a better option to get the insurance :(

I hope it turns up, it's no joke having your car stolen, even more so if it's a car with a bit of character like your mate's. But if he's got stuff that's irreplacable, the boot of his car is not the best place to keep it.

• Advertisement

forumfiend wrote: »
    I hope it turns up, it's no joke having your car stolen, even more so if it's a car with a bit of character like your mate's. But if he's got stuff that's irreplacable, the boot of his car is not the best place to keep it.

I know, so does he..it was the ONE time he said he left it somewhere dodgey near his house. He was wrecked tired, and forgot to grab his stuff from the boot:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Any pictures of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Know the car from woodquoy,admired it every time i passed.

HOPR8891.jpg

Not the actual car but the same make/model,

hope he finds it

Advertisement