Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened in The George?

Options
  • 05-06-2010 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Just walked down St Great George's Street and saw that The George is cordoned off with crime scene tape and a garda standing watch. Does anybody know what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

A shooting. Three dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

There's nothing about it on the news...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A shooting. Three dead.

Seriously?.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

All as normal last night.
    My brother passed it yesterday morning and it was all cordoned off with a guard outside it, but no mention of anything on any of the gay forums I checked.
    Just heard from a friend there was some incident outside the George, nothing to do with the bar or its patrons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

spurious wrote: »
    All as normal last night.
    My brother passed it yesterday morning and it was all cordoned off with a guard outside it, but no mention of anything on any of the gay forums I checked.
    Just heard from a friend there was some incident outside the George, nothing to do with the bar or its patrons.

Thank you.

Would you believe there's six posts deleted in this thread, made simply because this involved a gay bar!.

The post about the murder was about to lead to a permanent banning for the person who posted it, but I suspected they knew that and didn't take the extra rope.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol, soooo much potential for a joke., must resist! :D

But seriously though, anyone know what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Thank you.

Would you believe there's six posts deleted in this thread, made simply because this involved a gay bar!.

The post about the murder was about to lead to a permanent banning for the person who posted it, but I suspected they knew that and didn't take the extra rope.

if fairness the pun was pure brilliant, don't think people anyone would be too offended by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Actually I was offended by the puns lack of brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

dubtom wrote: »
    Actually I was offended by the puns lack of brilliance.

really, send me on any better puns you come accross so, I'm a big fan, I once entered a pun competition, I entered ten entries to it, I was sure one would win, you can imagine my horror when no pun in ten did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

thread closed, going nowhere.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement