Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realine the Arc?

• 05-06-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi

My setup is all dandy between 30w and 26e but the twoafter 26 have no signal not even 1% of it, is it normal for the arc to only be off for the last two when the rest are ok?

If so any tips for a amature to fix it? no tools as suck but would like to be able to do this myself!

1Love

$ausage$

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Zardoz

My own dish is like that .
    It took a bit of a pounding in the winter but I was able to manually adjust the motor positions in software to offset it.
    I have a strong signal on 30w to 13E. 19e and 23.5e are strong but 28.2 is a bit weak on some transponders.
    I have lost 16E,39E and 42E is weak.
    I'm going to have a go at realigning it ,its an error on the Eastern alignment .
    My pole is still plumb and the dish elevation is the same as it was when I set the dish up so I reckon the motor has moved slightly West on the pole.
    Its odd your picking up 26E though,that's a very weak satellite and your arc has to be spot on to pick that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

yeh totaly i get 87% signal! the 0% have sky changed transponders or anything recently? wish i had the confidence of moving it but the hassle i had at the start id rather leave alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

should have said i have tried to move using DB but not joy finding it.

Advertisement