Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography physical question?

Options
  • 05-06-2010 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

LANDFORM DEVELOPMENT
    Examine, with the aid of labelled diagram/diagrams, the processes which have shaped one Irish landform of your choice.

Could i start talkin about how a landform produced by weathering is limestone and example of this is the burren?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

polo5534 wrote: »
    LANDFORM DEVELOPMENT
    Examine, with the aid of labelled diagram/diagrams, the processes which have shaped
    one Irish landform of your choice.

Could i start talkin about how a landform produced by weathering is limestone and example of this is the burren?

Yes you could but there's always the worry that they may specify Glacial, Fluvial or Coastal landforms only, hasn't happened yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

The question askes (1) For a landform, and (2) To describe the processes that form it.

If you're using Limestone, you could say that limestone is eroded more quick than a harder rock, and if there are different layers of rock a waterfall may develop. Then you could mention abrasion from the river's load, backsplash from a drop and other erosive processes which serve to create a waterfall.

As Victoria said they may specify a type of landform, but in the past this hasn't happened. They haven't, but could.
    I hope this makes some sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

polo5534 wrote: »
    LANDFORM DEVELOPMENT
    Examine, with the aid of labelled diagram/diagrams, the processes which have shaped one Irish landform of your choice.

I don't think it would quite fit, a limestone region would more be a landscape. And simply disucussing the formation of limestone is more part of the rock cycle and is not really a landform. Dicussing the formation of one aspect present in a limestone region however would be fine i'd say (e.g. caves, stalactites, sinkholes etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

trogdor wrote: »
    I don't think it would quite fit, a limestone region would more be a landscape. And simply disucussing the formation of limestone is more part of the rock cycle and is not really a landform. Dicussing the formation of one aspect present in a limestone region however would be fine i'd say (e.g. caves, stalactites, sinkholes etc)

No your wrong. A karst landscape counts as a distinctive landform.

Throwing in something about a cave at the end would be ok. Focus tge answer on the karst landscape. It is a landform because it has limestone payment, grykes, runnels, clints... All of that.

Advertisement