Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA and The World

Options
  • 05-06-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Guys I need help. Can someone please tell me if it's safe to cover just the following:

How and why did America/Johnson become involved in an armed conflict in Vietnam, how and why did it eventually withdraw and what impact did it have on America and Johnsons presidency?

How effective was US policy of containment in relation to at least two major crisis of the cold war?

What were the main advances in military, space and information technology in the years 1945-1989?

What was the importance of the Montogomery BB for the progress of the Civil Rights Movement?

A general question on the significance of tge moonlanding.

Please tell me this is enough!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

Look, I'm going to be fairly harsh here, but its warranted.

There is very little point in coming onto an internet forum and imploring the general public to tell you what you want to hear. The honest answer is, nobody knows yet if it what you have done is enough. More to the point, nobody can know (the person who devised the paper excepted) until the exam begins.

A good grade in History is a blend of hard work and educated guess work. I'm sure you can probably guess the maximising the former and minimising the latter is the way forward. Instead of begging people to answer a question in the affirmative (the way you phrased it, it was hardly even a question in any case), go and learn something additional if you think you have not covered enough, or if you think you have, refine your existing knowledge. It's a simple tactic, but effective. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 OoOROiSiNOoO

hi fufureida that's basically the jist of what i'm learning too but i'll few little extra pieces
    I'm also covering:

- McCarthyism (just in case a general question about communism comes up)
    - Urban poverty, crime and drugs (with the Montgomery bus boycott essay, would be included in a question about social problems in the US)
    - Advancements in IT (with the Space Race section, just to be prepared for an essay on military, space and IT advancements).
    - For Vietnam I'm also learning about Nixon's role in withdrawing, because if a question on Vietnam is phrased about how the US withdrew then Nixon's steps taken is essential to know.

Hope this helps, it's really not a lot extra to learn, about an A4 page of bullet points on each topic should be fine.:)

oh sorry I notice you already are covering IT and the US withdrawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Look, I'm going to be fairly harsh here, but its warranted.

There is very little point in coming onto an internet forum and imploring the general public to tell you what you want to hear. The honest answer is, nobody knows yet if it what you have done is enough. More to the point, nobody can know (the person who devised the paper excepted) until the exam begins.

A good grade in History is a blend of hard work and educated guess work. I'm sure you can probably guess the maximising the former and minimising the latter is the way forward. Instead of begging people to answer a question in the affirmative (the way you phrased it, it was hardly even a question in any case), go and learn something additional if you think you have not covered enough, or if you think you have, refine your existing knowledge. It's a simple tactic, but effective. Good luck!

Unless you havnt noticed, plenty if other people are asking the exact same questions as I am. I'm not looking for people to tell me ' yeh hunz lol dats fine lyk lol xxx ' I'm looking for people to tell me whether or not that Is enough. Simple as; an educated guess if you will. Nothing wrong with tha. Oh; and I think your better off keeping your psycho analysis of someone you don't even know to yourself thank you very much. I'm only looking for peoples opinions I don't need a lesson of life from you.

What essay titles are good for these:

- McCarthyism (just in case a general question about communism comes up)
    - Urban poverty, crime and drugs (with the Montgomery bus boycott essay, would be included in a question about social problems in the US)

would i just interlink urban poverty into the montogomery question?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 justsayit

fufureida wrote: »
    Guys I need help. Can someone please tell me if it's safe to cover just the following:

How and why did America/Johnson become involved in an armed conflict in Vietnam, how and why did it eventually withdraw and what impact did it have on America and Johnsons presidency?

How effective was US policy of containment in relation to at least two major crisis of the cold war?

What were the main advances in military, space and information technology in the years 1945-1989?

What was the importance of the Montogomery BB for the progress of the Civil Rights Movement?

A general question on the significance of tge moonlanding.

Please tell me this is enough!!!

Hopefully, this is all I've covered too I think!
    And Harry Truman, because I heard some people say he would come up?
    I think they have to ask on at least two of the three sections in the American book, so if we cover two we'll definitely be ok?

I'm really freaking out for history, the course is vast and I'm only realising it now!
    Best of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Like harry trumans presidency??? I want to cover 5 minimum so if anyone wants to tell me most likely stuff would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 justsayit

He is a key personality.
    My teacher just mentioned it in passing.
    Probably not much of a help!

I heard Vietnam was tipped.

Advertisement