Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is the email down again?

Options
  • 05-06-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

for the last week or so i have not been able to get into my dit mail. i just keeps coming up with this screen saying 'invalid link' or 'server timed out'. i know the exam results are not out yet but they should be here soon enough, this needs to be fixed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    for the last week or so i have not been able to get into my dit mail. i just keeps coming up with this screen saying 'invalid link' or 'server timed out'. i know the exam results are not out yet but they should be here soon enough, this needs to be fixed!

I heard a toaster went on fire in the server room and managed to destroy our mail server.....

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    I heard a toaster went on fire in the server room and managed to destroy our mail server.....

i would usually laugh at something so ridiculous as that but since it is dit anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

The email is down as the monkeys in dit were doing "maintenance" to it on Thursday but as usual something has gone wrong and its down, me thinks siemens whill have to make another stop in DIT!

Once again DIT, well done!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Its been down for the last two days and the "alternative" login doesnt work either (imap.dit.ie)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

It's down so often that I'd be less surprised to see threads in titled "is the email up again?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

imap is working fine for me.

its back up as normal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BUGS_DRUNNY

Do u need ur e-mail for results?
    Is it not just on modularisation.dit.ie?

i honestly cant remember what happened at christmas, but you might be right.
    anyway, the problem is solved now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

congratulations to DIT who sprung to action once their email went down and got it back up and working in record time /sarcasm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

Its back up now.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    congratulations to DIT who sprung to action once their email went down and got it back up and working in record time /sarcasm

it only took a week, they are getting faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    it only took a week, they are getting faster.

anytime it goes down during the year (which is numerous) it never takes a week to get back up

Advertisement