Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newfoundland Breeder

Options
  • 05-06-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

hi all can anyone recommend a newfoundland breeder in the dublin area, i have been onto the newfoundland association of ireland but the contact there wont give me any details for whatever reason i dont know(must be afraid i wont like the pup i get and try to take legal action or something), have gone to a couple of shows but the only breeders i found were in cork and up north. if i have to travel that far i will be obviously i would prefer not to have to, any help would be highly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Anyone Please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

There arent many good breeders in ireland so the chances are you will have to travel and also wait for a pup as there arent many litters around.

My friend just had to wait more than a year for one and had to go to the UK in the end as no litters in ireland at the moment and for the near future.

I would advise going to some dog shows and getting to know some of the exhibitors and tell them you are interested in a pup and ask them to put you on the waiting list.
    These dogs are not easily sourced and you will have to wait for a pup.

Just to add, these dogs arent cheap either, expect to pay anywhere in the region of 1000-1500 euro or sterling for a pup.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

theres a friend of mine in the uk who has been breeding and showing for over 30 years .She live in the north west of uk.her prefix is baranova all her dogs are health tested.She does have waiting lists and expect to answer a good few questions before you would be allowed one .She is a responsible breeder .
    there is also a good breeder in the north but cant remeber his name off hand he shows and has good stock all,health tested.will get back when i recall his name .

Morganna wrote: »
    theres a friend of mine in the uk who has been breeding and showing for over 30 years .She live in the north west of uk.her prefix is baranova all her dogs are health tested.She does have waiting lists and expect to answer a good few questions before you would be allowed one .She is a responsible breeder .
    there is also a good breeder in the north but cant remeber his name off hand he shows and has good stock all,health tested.will get back when i recall his name .

Think you mean Willie Dobbin. I know for a fact he doesnt have any pups at the moment and wont for another while anyway.:)

andreac wrote: »
    Think you mean Willie Dobbin. I know for a fact he doesnt have any pups at the moment and wont for another while anyway.:)
    thanks Andrea thats him Willie Dobbin.

• Advertisement

if you where to contact baranova the breeder is Barbara turner she is handy for the boat also.I can reccomend her dogs.
    be careful where you buy from as there are alot of back yard breeders out there breeding newfoundlands that look like flat coat retrievers and dont resemble the breed.with lots of health problems.

No prob, he wont have any pups for a while.

Best thing is to make contact with these breeders and have a good chat with them and show you are interested.

Barabara puts endorsemnents on her pups which are lifted when they get to a year old and have been health tested and passed. she is also very fussy where they go and is a very responsible breeder.She does have a web site.

Morganna wrote: »
    Barabara puts endorsemnents on her pups which are lifted when they get to a year old and have been health tested and passed. she is also very fussy where they go and is a very responsible breeder.She does have a web site.

Thats exactly what a good breeder does. Pity there arent many more like that around.

i totally agree .

• Advertisement

iv been to a couple of shows alright having a look at the newfies, il make sure i get talking with the right people the next time i go

thats you best bet .Good luck in finding the right puppy

Theres a show on next sat, the 19th June at Swords if you are interested. Judging starts at 9am, if you need more info on judging order let me know.

andreac wrote: »
    Theres a show on next sat, the 19th June at Swords if you are interested. Judging starts at 9am, if you need more info on judging order let me know.

i had seen that already on the show dogs ireland website thanks anyway

Advertisement