Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fifa World Cup - (Bad Beat/Moan/Venting)

Options
  • 05-06-2010 5:52pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Instead of having Season 8 after the current season ends we are going to run a World Cup tournament on Fifa 10.

This is only open to current league players.

We will do a draw to randomly assign players to teams once sign up is complete.

The format of the tournament will follow that of the World Cup, where teams arent available in Fifa 10 we will substitute in a similar level team.

Please leave your Boards tag and Gamertag below if you want to take part.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Boards Tag: Axwell
    Gamertag: Irish Wolverine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

MarkSRFC90

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Boards Tag: Lamposts
    Gamertag: Oliver Cole

Lxxx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Boards: Mr Moon

GT: Dj DigitalMoose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Boards Tag: moz
    Gamertag: livelyjojo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Boards Tag: Dunny!
    Gamertag: DunnyDFC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Boards:Joe123
    GT:Kirk the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Boards: Moiph
    Gamertag: BassmanMurph85

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Boards: Parawind
    GT: Parawind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

sounds good!

XBL:corcaigh09
    Boards:corcaigh07

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

XBL: Dowdus Maximus
    Boards:evad_lhorg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Boards Tag: Alofthedunnes
    Gamertag: Al Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Boards Tag: Dufflecoatsunri

Gamertag: DufflecoatXbox

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Boards Tag: Gaz15
    Gamertag: Stan Beardfacay

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

srooney03 for both.cheers

Gamertag & Boards.ie name: The Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Boards Tag: looder
    Gamertag: greenside rover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Only 17 replies. We should let old league members join so there's more people tbh. No point in excluding them really. Add a bit more competition loike.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Wont be happening but thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Lamposts wrote: »
    Only 17 replies. We should let old league members join so there's more people tbh. No point in excluding them really. Add a bit more competition loike.

I think this is a great idea...id be up for this, any chance I can jump in this as I was going to join the boards league again anyway. Dont think there is any hastle in letting one more in...it will get you closer to that 32 teams you need for a full world cup. There are certainly no valid reasons why I should be excluded unless you can think of one axwell.

• Advertisement

Yapa you have been told twice at this stage by myself and Moon that the tournament is only for current league players. You decided to pm Moon first to see would he let you in, then pmmed me even though he had already said that it was only for current players. You can think whatever you like and accuse me/us of making up (the bit you decided to edit out) reasons but either way the tournament is still only open to current league players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

putting pettyness aside, yapa should be allowed play.

Corcaigh theres no pettyness involved apart from the comment Yapa made and decided to edit out. We have reasons why the tournament is only for current league players and those will become clear once we sort a few details out. Yapa was told this twice by myself and Moon already. Its not specific to him it applies to anyone that isnt in the current league new or old.

Myself and Moon go to the trouble of organising these leagues and tournaments, we are working on some changes which will start with this tournament and hopefully continue on into the new league seasons. If we post rules such as the entry to this tournament they are there for a reason and we would appreciate people respect them as oppose to undermine them or try and go again them.

The purpose of this thread is for current players to sign up for the tournament as per the first post. Any futher comments will be deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

GT: Storybud22

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Tomorrow is the last day for sign-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Tomorrow is the last day for sign-up!

Its going ahead even if (which we wont at this stage) get the 32?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

Boards Tag + Gamertag = djc123abc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Sorry lads I'm going to have to pull out of this. Just dont have the time anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

ill join if stil possiblke
    boards:niallith
    gamertag : niallish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement