Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fifa World Cup - (Bad Beat/Moan/Venting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    haha good one, you used your same old custom milan formation with korea against me tonight, same old lobs, same old work it for a fitesse except your players are too ****e now, korea are default 4-4-2.

and dont say it isnt, dont pm me because i just dont believe you.

What? I never said I used Koreas default formation. I used Milans default formation.

Ive said plenty of times that I dont mind people say playing with Arsenal and really liking there formation and then just using theres as long as they dont tweek anything.

Thats EXACTLY what I did. To get used to Korea I saved Milans DEFAULT formation and just used that!

Im really suprised to be honest with you Corcaigh. I beat you 2-0 with a **** team, using default tactics and a default formation. Im not allowed manual chip, Im not allowed lob through balls and now im not allowed finesse shot?

Give me a ****ing break seriously. Didnt think you were like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

joe123 wrote: »
    What? I never said I used Koreas default formation. I used Milans default formation.

Ive said plenty of times that I dont mind people say playing with Arsenal and really liking there formation and then just using theres as long as they dont tweek anything.

Thats EXACTLY what I did. To get used to Korea I saved Milans DEFAULT formation and just used that!

Im really suprised to be honest with you Corcaigh. I beat you 2-0 with a **** team, using default tactics and a default formation. Im not allowed manual chip, Im not allowed lob through balls and now im not allowed finesse shot?

Give me a ****ing break seriously. Didnt think you were like that.

i believe your using a default formation only with workrates set very defensively for everyone except the striker. Im not the only one who thinks this. you have become the cheapest player in the league and i include bud in that statement.

i believe your using a default formation only with workrates set very defensively for everyone except the striker. Im not the only one who thinks this. you have become the cheapest player in the league and i include bud in that statement.

Well I can hand on heart say I use Milans default EVERYTHING. What the hell would I have to gain by lying about this? For gods sake ive been arguing with Hokem all season about which is worse. He uses custom settings and I manual chip.

Sure at the start of this season my whole reasoning for dropping custom formations/tactics (who was one of the first to even use the things) was that I hated going to friends houses and not being able to play like I usually do because I wasnt used to having certain settings).

I went default so I could pick my team and go straight into a game. 3 things I did before every game with Ac this season was drop Dida for Abbiati, Ambrosini for Flamini and switch pato and Borellio. Thats it!

Then if im chasing a goal or trying to hold off from conceding I move to ultra offensive or move the yoke to possession football...or whichever the three options the game gives you. I was ALL default wether you want to believe it or not.

I would love to know who else thinks that basically ive been lying all this season because your're all wrong. Im guessing Hokem is one of these people because of course he knows so much. To push having the default settings this season so hard for only to be doing it myself would be ****ing retarded.

Some of ye have seriously started to take the whole fifa thing way to seriously if you think id even bother doing that.

And how have I become cheap? Because I manual chip? Parawind scored a last minute equaliser against me the last day to draw the game by manual chipping and you know what? I didnt mind one bit because it was my fault I let him in to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

denmark-corcaigh
    cameroon-mark
    holland-the dunne

group of death! denmark are seriously poor, desparate 4 star team, more like a 3 star.

Just played a game or 2 with Cameroon there..... not what I thought they were :eek:

Djemba Djemba is on the bench... that shows the quality of the squad!!

Axwell wrote: »
    117150.jpg

Play each team in your group once. If there are only two teams you are still playing for who tops the group for the next round.

Anyone think it would be better to randomly draw 5 groups of 4 teams rather than some people getting a by and playing one meaningless game?

I understand the want to keeping it as close to the real thing as possible but I think it might be better for the tournament as a whole!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I move the yoke to possession football.

Thats a custom tactic. It alters the sliders quite profoundly from the default settings a team has. You can't have it both ways. Either they are fine, or they aren't.

And with regards to the "seriousness" that other people seem to be taking things......it would appear you are the one that keeps having arguements with people and then writing essay volume posts. You were the one who felt the need to throw the toys out of the pram after our game and start posting rubbish. You could have just gotten on with things. But you didn't. You had a moan. Which is not the first time you have done so in 3 seasons.

So other people are taking things too serious? Projection much?

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats a custom tactic. It alters the sliders quite profoundly from the default settings a team has. You can't have it both ways. Either they are fine, or they aren't.

And with regards to the "seriousness" that other people seem to be taking things......it would appear you are the one that keeps having arguements with people and then writing essay volume posts. You were the one who felt the need to throw the toys out of the pram after our game and start posting rubbish. You could have just gotten on with things. But you didn't. You had a moan. Which is not the first time you have done so in 3 seasons.

So other people are taking things too serious? Projection much?

Dont be pedantic hokem you know full well what I and everyone else mean regards to custom tactics/formations. Its when you go into team management and start altering player runs,player workrates and player positions and whatever the hell else you can change with players aggression and that ****e.

That in game slider thing is just used when your chasing a game or desperately trying to defend imo. Like flooding the box at the end of a game for a corner.

And what you did to me is you acting the prick, last man tackling. To be honest your the only player who ive ever had problems with in game and you are probably one of the most disliked members on here so its not suprising. Youve passed it round the back, you fouled me before when i was running through and you did it again so sure I wanted to say something.

It seems to be others taking it far too seriously. When I hear about people debating wether Im actually lying for some strange reason about not using default tactics.

And I certainly wont apologise for writing "essay" posts when im defending myself after being accused of lying.

Lads, please stop talking your ****e in this thread....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

We'll have no more talking about custom formations and manual chipping on this thread, if I see any they'll be deleted and a warning will be giving!! If you have a problem with anyone send them a PM I don't want to be reading about your dirty laundry!

It's all been said for about 2 seasons and I'm sick of reading this crap!!

Just enjoy the game, win or lose!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Anyone think it would be better to randomly draw 5 groups of 4 teams rather than some people getting a by and playing one meaningless game?

I understand the want to keeping it as close to the real thing as possible but I think it might be better for the tournament as a whole!?

This wouldnt work as you cant pair off 5 groups, it has to be an even number. Its just the luck of the draw who is in a group of 2 or a group of 3 with the team you got. You are still playing for top spot for a better draw in the second round if you are in a group of 2 and we want to keep it as close to the real thing as possible.

• Advertisement

Just played a game or 2 with Cameroon there..... not what I thought they were :eek:

Djemba Djemba is on the bench... that shows the quality of the squad!!

djemba djemba, nice, you lucky fecker! :)

Well I can hand on heart say I use Milans default EVERYTHING. What the hell would I have to gain by lying about this? For gods sake ive been arguing with Hokem all season about which is worse. He uses custom settings and I manual chip.

Sure at the start of this season my whole reasoning for dropping custom formations/tactics (who was one of the first to even use the things) was that I hated going to friends houses and not being able to play like I usually do because I wasnt used to having certain settings).

I went default so I could pick my team and go straight into a game. 3 things I did before every game with Ac this season was drop Dida for Abbiati, Ambrosini for Flamini and switch pato and Borellio. Thats it!

Then if im chasing a goal or trying to hold off from conceding I move to ultra offensive or move the yoke to possession football...or whichever the three options the game gives you. I was ALL default wether you want to believe it or not.

I would love to know who else thinks that basically ive been lying all this season because your're all wrong. Im guessing Hokem is one of these people because of course he knows so much. To push having the default settings this season so hard for only to be doing it myself would be ****ing retarded.

Some of ye have seriously started to take the whole fifa thing way to seriously if you think id even bother doing that.

And how have I become cheap? Because I manual chip? Parawind scored a last minute equaliser against me the last day to draw the game by manual chipping and you know what? I didnt mind one bit because it was my fault I let him in to do it.

its not just the chipping mate, and its not just hokem either

that is all.

djemba djemba, nice, you lucky fecker! :)

I think you've misunderstood me.....they're sh1te! :eek:

I think you've misunderstood me.....they're sh1te! :eek:

wish i had a djemba djemba!! seriously, denmark are so muck....gotta fancy portugal or italy, not many good player/team combos, can hokem and macken meet in the final?

wish i had a djemba djemba!! seriously, denmark are so muck....gotta fancy portugal or italy, not many good player/team combos, can hokem and macken meet in the final?

Just saw that whichever 2 qualify out of our group, will play hokem and bud depending on where we all finish!!

Just saw that whichever 2 qualify out of our group, will play hokem and bud depending on where we all finish!!

oh goody, going to get ass-raped either way there!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd be confident with the Italians but Bud isn't thrilled with Paraguay so I would imagine it will be tight games regardless.

Kirby wrote: »
    I'd be confident with the Italians but Bud isn't thrilled with Paraguay so I would imagine it will be tight games regardless.

Sure will be with us all playing 12 at the back ;)

Sammy Eto'o : counter attacking centre half. Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

Ah, I thought that since we were put into 2 leagues we would face each team in that league once with the top
    two from each league advancing to the semi-finals.

So, am I right in thinking that I only have 1 game to play?
    Since I'm playing as Brazil and the only other team in the Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Group G that's in
    our tournament is Portugal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yes in your case you only have 1 group match to play. One of you will get top spot the other will be second and this will decide who you play in the next stage of the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

First game was a real treat for me. 10 manual chips. BOOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

yup sheer joy to be on recieving end of it... gl scoring goals in fifa 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Joining it now. I will be online probably playingb the world cup game, jus gis a shout and I will switch over.

I'm Greece btw.:pac:

Enjoyed the Argentina game.

Hit for 13 against Korea though.:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Dunny! wrote: »
    Enjoyed the Argentina game.

Hit for 13 against Korea though.:o:o:o

How many of those were chips? :D

Moiph wrote: »
    How many of those were chips? :D

I only scored 3 manual chips I think. Dunny can back me up on that one!

I only scored 3 manual chips I think. Dunny can back me up on that one!

After 13 goals I really don't remember mate!:D

Well done btw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Fixtures have to be played by the end of this week.

If people don't play, we may have to take action.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

if allowed by admins you can take my spot in it as switzerland bcmy fifa disc is now scratched and wont work for any longer than 2 mins :(

• Advertisement

niallith wrote: »
    if allowed by admins you can take my spot in it as switzerland bcmy fifa disc is now scratched and wont work for any longer than 2 mins :(

maybe installing the game would help?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement