Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fifa World Cup - (Bad Beat/Moan/Venting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

niallith wrote: »
    if allowed by admins you can take my spot in it as switzerland bcmy fifa disc is now scratched and wont work for any longer than 2 mins :(

If its allowed I'll play for you. We'll split the winning 50-50 ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The tournament was only open to current league members so you wont be able to take his place unfortunately.

Niallith as Corcaigh said try install the game to your hard drive, or even install a mates copy of it and then it should work off the hard drive once you have your own disc in the tray even if its scratched

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

ill giv that a try thx for advice hopefully itl work

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

update: have tried installing it and it failed twice at around 50% saying unreadable disc :( oh well

Axwell wrote: »
    The tournament was only open to current league members so you wont be able to take his place unfortunately.

I am a current league member:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

My mistake so you are. Yes you can take his place using the team he has. He has played a game already so you dont need to replay it,the result stands. Once the group matches are done we will update the other thread with the next set of fixtures and who you are to play.

All Group stages fixtures are to be played by Monday midnight.

!! World Cup Tournament Prize: !!

We have been holding off on this as the details hadnt been finalised till now but we are delighted to announce we have a great prize for the lucky person who wins the tournament.

Dav one of the boards.ie Community Managers got in touch with myself and Moon about organising a Fifa World Cup tournament for current league members and that EA Sports were hoping to be able to provide a prize for the winner.

Its taken a while to get it all finalised but Dav has given us the go ahead that its all sorted so we would like to announce that the lucky winner of the tournament will be sent to the FIFA Community day in London.

This is a chance to see the game before anyone else, talk to developers and give feedback along with plenty of other exciting things going on.

This really is an excellent prize so we would like to thank Dav and EA Sports for organising this.

Terms and Conditions:

- Tournament only open to current league members
    - The winner must be over 18 and must have a valid passport

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Can all members who've qualified for the knockout stage please join the league I have set up for it.

Details

League Name: Boards World Cup R2
    Abbreviation: br2
    Passwords
    last16

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

!! World Cup Tournament Prize: !!

We have been holding off on this as the details hadnt been finalised till now but we are delighted to announce we have a great prize for the lucky person who wins the tournament.

Dav one of the boards.ie Community Managers got in touch with myself and Moon about organising a Fifa World Cup tournament for current league members and that EA Sports were hoping to be able to provide a prize for the winner.

Its taken a while to get it all finalised but Dav has given us the go ahead that its all sorted so we would like to announce that the lucky winner of the tournament will be sent to the FIFA Community day in London.

This is a chance to see the game before anyone else, talk to developers and give feedback along with plenty of other exciting things going on.

This really is an excellent prize so we would like to thank Dav and EA Sports for organising this.

Terms and Conditions:

- Tournament only open to current league members
    - The winner must be over 18 and must have a valid passport

wow, now i really wish i had a good team!! can i come too, i won the last league!?! :)

EDIT: on a more serious note, think lamposts/oliver cole mentioned on LIVE that future league winners could perhaps win a 1 yr Boards Subscription as way of reward. i know its not close to going to London but its a good idea nonetheless and wouldnt cost boards.ie anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Impressive prize. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Wow cool prize! Sickend now I got the worst team but luck of the draw and all that!

Excuse my ignorance but what good is a years subscription to boards?

I took over Niallith's place, am I due to play anyone, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

All Group stages fixtures are to be played by Monday midnight.
    What do we do when someone hasn't been online to play them?

looder wrote: »
    What do we do when someone hasn't been online to play them?

They get kicked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Spain (Oliver Cole) v Brazil (djc123abc)

looking forward to raping you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Lamposts wrote: »

And hes not talking about in FIFA ;)

Lamposts wrote: »

Cocky much?! :D
    Parawind wrote: »
    And hes not talking about in FIFA ;)

When do you fancy our fixture parawind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

raheny red wrote: »
    When do you fancy our fixture parawind?

I am online most evenings so arranging our match won't be much trouble, just add me on xbl and we can play when suites you.

PS: My GT is also Parawind

For any match that ends in a draw keep replaying till a winner is found! :cool:

• Advertisement

Parawind wrote: »
    I am online most evenings so arranging our match won't be much trouble, just add me on xbl and we can play when suites you.

PS: My GT is also Parawind

Sadly I'm the same so anytime I see you online I'll throw you a message.....

GT: CollyR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Mr Moon wrote: »
    For any match that ends in a draw keep replaying till a winner is found! :cool:

100624_JohnIsner_h.h2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well we can also assume they will go out in the next round with a whimper.....:p

England (Axwell) 3 - 0 (Mr Moon) Germany

Worst German performance EVER!!

Worst German performance EVER!!

Best English performance EVER! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Best English performance EVER! :rolleyes:

Im holding back the laughter right now cos Moon knows that he shoulda won, and Germany are savage in the game :)

Im holding back the laughter right now cos Moon knows that he shoulda won, and Germany are savage in the game :)

Not savage enough. Was 0-0 at half time, better team won in the second half simple as. Plus I managed to have 11 men left at the end of the game, cant say the same for the Germans.

It's been a while since I lost the rag in this game, tonight was one of them times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

It's been a while since I lost the rag in this game, tonight was one of them times!!

Nope, ya lost the rag against me a few days back....just wasnt online, heeheeee

• Advertisement

Nope, ya lost the rag against me a few days back....just wasnt online, heeheeee

Did not! Kicked your ass :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement