Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fifa World Cup - (Bad Beat/Moan/Venting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Axwell wrote: »
    Lamps its one thing being cocky and arrogant and having a laugh, but theres also a line and you are crossing it at this stage. Insulting people and making comments like this wont be tolerated. You got a ban already, if you keep behaving like you are on the forum the next one will be longer. You have an infraction against you already from before so this is a warning to tone it down a bit and have some respect for the other people that play in the leagues and stop looking for attention.

I'm hardly being cocky and arrogant. I'm just a really confident individual that has 100% believe in my ability to overcome any obstacle that's put in front of me. I've insulted one person tbf now, so let's not get ahead of ourselves by saying I've insulted numerous "people". Who says I'm looking for attention? I'm a man of simple pleasures. I like my steak well done. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Put him back to the waiting league....problem solved :)

Can anybody name one ship Lamps will never set foot in?????

The PremierSHIP boom boom :D:D:D:D

Town Man wrote: »
    Put him back to the waiting league....problem solved :)

Can anybody name one ship Lamps will never set foot in?????

The PremierSHIP boom boom :D:D:D:D

We should play each other for my place in the championship next season. I'll go Accrington Stanley to give you a chance. BOOM.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lamposts wrote: »
    I'm hardly being cocky and arrogant. I'm just a really confident individual that has 100% believe in my ability to overcome any obstacle that's put in front of me. I've insulted one person tbf now, so let's not get ahead of ourselves by saying I've insulted numerous "people". Who says I'm looking for attention? I'm a man of simple pleasures. I like my steak well done. That is all.

You got banned for insulting someone previously in the clubs thread, you are insulting Raheny red on this one and have little or no respect for others in the league with the comments you have been making. As i said there is a line and you are crossing it, tone it down and save yourself getting another ban.

Axwell wrote: »
    You got banned for insulting someone previously in the clubs thread, you are insulting Raheny red on this one and have little or no respect for others in the league with the comments you have been making. As i said there is a line and you are crossing it, tone it down and save yourself getting another ban.

Raheny red and I are the best of mates though. He's always in my house cooking me steak. The man makes an amazing steak. I respect the people I play against. Everyone that's played with me knows that. Let's leave at it that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I hate you all i really want steak now!

Parawind wrote: »
    I hate you all i really want steak now!

Steak is for winners. Not people that get knocked out by some guy that's Paraguay. Bad Macken. You can have filthy manky lamb chops instead.
    Me and him in the waiting league?? Only enough room for one of us lol...i agree with his statements though...he does love his steak :D

I could never strike down Sith Lord Yapa anyway. I'm not like that fiend Skywalker who betrayed his master.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Raheny red and I are the best of mates though. He's always in my house cooking me steak. The man makes an amazing steak. I respect the people I play against. Everyone that's played with me knows that. Let's leave at it that anyway.

You are simply being asked to tone down your behavior and comments towards other players to avoid you getting another ban. You were told already you were crossing a line, posting the comment at the end of your post above and then editing after doesnt mean it wasnt seen or on record and you arent doing yourself any favours. You have been given all the warnings and chances you are going to get. Lets leave it at that.

Ooh Korea in the semi final. I respect you Kirk & hope the best man wins. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ooh Korea in the semi final. I respect you Kirk & hope the best man wins. :)

Loooool wonder who Il play in the final Bud or stan? :p

EDIT: By the way will you be on tonight? I wont be around tomorrow and the deadline for the semis is tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Myself and storybud were playing our game just now his connection dropped at 1-1 near end of first half. Is the match awarded to me or do we replay it? Have no prob replaying it as tis a bad way to get to final imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

Was playing stanbeard just there and the game was 1-1 and I lost connection with EA servers. I WASNT knocked off xbox live. It was just a random occurrence and has been known to happen on ranked matches as well as clubs where someone is winning (or drawing in my case) and has lost connection and the game has been awarded to the other person. I think Stan would vouch for me in that I didnt lose connection and there wasnt a reason for me to purposely quit anyway. There is a precedent for this happening in all Fifa modes and it cold have easily happened to Stan in which case I would have had no qualms with a replay.

gaz15 wrote: »
    Myself and storybud were playing our game just now his connection dropped at 1-1 near end of first half. Is the match awarded to me or do we replay it? Have no prob replaying it as tis a bad way to get to final imo!

Just to clarify, my connection didnt drop...connection was lost to EA servers (see previous post for details)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

EA has been doing that to me all fricking day. Thats why I came offline.

The pair of your were mad to try and play. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

I'm going to Germany Sunday, I could maybe swing by Paul the Octopus and let him decide????

joe123 wrote: »
    Loooool wonder who Il play in the final Bud or stan? :p

EDIT: By the way will you be on tonight? I wont be around tomorrow and the deadline for the semis is tomorrow

I won't be on tonight chief. I'll be on nearly all of tmrw though.

gaz15 wrote: »

Replay the game if it was the EA servers that went down, its only fair to both parties when its in a competition like this.

ty axwell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Any chance myself and Lamps can play our match saturday? Im off to a wedding tomorrow and he said he wont be on tonight?

I'm on now but it's a bit too late.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Any chance myself and Lamps can play our match saturday? Im off to a wedding tomorrow and he said he wont be on tonight?

Ok grand, get it played by Saturday midnight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

If you can get it played earler then we can get the 3/4 place play off done Saturday also!!

Sure.

Kirky baby, when are you ready for our match? Storybud, I'm coming for you.

Joe would you be able to play before 7?

Good game Joe. Storybud, I'm coming for you and your crusty 8 at the back formation. BRING IT.

Well done to Lamposts our winner of the World Cup Tournament. You will get to go to the FIFA 11 Community day in London for the day which should be great!

Dav, one of the boards community managers will be in touch with you Lamposts regarding the prize.

Also well done to Storybud22 for getting to the final and our 3rd and 4th place players Kirk the dog and Stan Beardfacay.

Myself and Mr Moon will post something in the next week or two regarding the next season of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

apologies for being a no show in this. I have been offline for pretty much the last month. have not had the time for any xbox. Im back now though. sorry to the organisers.

Can the semi-finalists make sure to check their pms. Each of you will be getting a copy of the Fifa World Cup game as a prize. Dav has sent a pm to you with details!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If one of the four has it already, will you be giving it to somebody else? I don't have it......and I got quarters :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement