Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Lazer Cream' Tattoo Removal

• 05-06-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Hope I'm not doubling up on another thread but couldn't find any on this...has anyone any experience regarding this cream...http://tattooremovalcream.co.uk

could it really work or is it a money racket?

Would love to get rid of my tattoo, it's small, done with black ink. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Complete money making racket to be honest. There's nothing at the minute that'll get rid of a tattoo that doesn't involve a lazer, tattooing OVER the tattoo with something that'll break down the ink, or a skin graft.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Bobbins

Thanks Damo...thought as much :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

TBH I think the best route for people with tattoos that they want rid of, is unless they have developed a complete dislike of tattoos, is to get a cover-up job done. I'd always recommend putting a lot of time and thought into any tattoo, but particularly with cover-ups, as at that stage, you've already proven to yourself that you made a tattoo decision in the past that you now regret. Cover-ups in the past have taken little tattoos that people hated and given them something new which they absolutely love. It all ultimately boils down to how much time and thought it put into the tattoo that you want to get, and getting the right artist to do it.

This may or may not be something that you want to consider, just putting it out there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Looking at the list of ingredients there's nothing I can see that would even degrade tattoo ink outside of the body, beyond watering it down of course, never mind breaking it up inside the body. What you want to look for is a chemical that carries a warning about it causing burns, or being a strong irritant at the very least, as if it is to break up the pigment it'll definitely damage skin cells.

Aloe Vera - other than making your skin look healthy no benefit in this case.

Anthemis Nobilis - also known as camomile, like in the tea, no real benefit here.

Natural Plant Extracts - about as vague a descriptor as there is since the above 2 products would both in fact fall under this title, as such we can only assume the extracts refered to here are not claimed as being active ingredients.

Cymbopogon Shoenanthus - lemon grass oil, which, although pegged as miracle plant if you believe the hype: http://www.haad.ae/HAAD/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=j2zMmLD8-NA%3D&tabid=791
    The plant is diuretic, carminative, tonic, stomachic, diaphoretic, antirheumatic,
    antidiarrhoeal, emenagogue and antispasmodic.
    In U.A.E the infusion of the plant is used for fever and stomach problems and the
    roots chewed as aphrodisiac.
    In other countries the whole plant is used as mentioned above and infusion from floral
    parts used as febrifuge; decoction of the leaves for lung and stomach problems and for
    infertility in women. The roots are used as antispasmodic, carminative, tonic,
    expectorant and as antidote for snake and scorpion poison. The oil is stimulant,
    nervine and it is used for rheumatism, backache, nerves and joint pains and uterus
    diseases; and finally the plant used in perfumery and aromatic purposes.
    has no mention of any properties along the lines of wart/verucca, or even spot, removal which an irritant or corrosive compound might have some use for.

Equisetum Arvente Leaf - common horsetail - yet another one that's just good for your skin.

Mineral Oil - also known as Johnsons & Johnsons baby oil, once again just a moisturiser that's good for the skin.

Lemon Extract - may have some potential since lemon juice is a corrosive, but you'd be better off squeezing a lemon and rubbing that on your tattoo than use this, diluted down with the above, version. And that of course assumes that the "extract" is the acidic juice and not something else.

Zyalight Extract - from what I can find on the web this is a marketing name, not a scientific one. Apparently whatever it is it's only come to notice in 2010 and with a quick google I've already encountered a not-so-favourable consumer trial that point towards it possibly being more hype than actual results:
    http://retailtherapy.onsugar.com/Review-FADE-OUT-cream-Night-3742659
    DOES IT FADE OUT MY SPOTS as it claims to do?? Well, I have been experiencing some breakouts on my forehead(which I think is due to stress and messed up sleeping patterns) and I have been using lotsa concealer to hide the blemish spots. With the use of this cream over time, I find that I tend to use LESSER if not NO concealer these days, unless I have new break out of course. BUT BUT BUT.... it could be that my blemish spots are healing over time by themselves, or that the cream is really working? I didn't track the progress of each spot... but I do feel that my overall skin tone is even out (not that I have a serious problem with uneven skin tone or freckles on my face). So......... actually I am not sure about whether this is REALLY EFFECTIVE. But I FEEL that it is effective, especially if you want a product for overall evening and fading. I don't think, esp for the price, you are paying for something super potent which can really cancel out a specific spot or blemish scars. So.. if you have sun spots... or freckles which you want to even out GRADUALLY over time... this is definitely something you can try. And for the price, why not?
    If it were to be of use in degrading tattoo ink you'd be damned certain it was being effective on spots IMO, since spots are on the surface where as the pigment in a tattoo is below it.

I just really can't see the above concoction working any better than mere positive thinking, it sounds like it's about on par with homeopathy; all talk, very little real basis. If you want something with a bit more promise look at something like salactol, or hell even a hair removal cream (the active ingredient in those is usually a caustic agent, hence why you're not supposed to leave them on too long), but both those do have a high risk of leaving scarring if you were to try remove a tattoo with them so you'd be better off going with a proper tattoo removal treatment.

Advertisement