Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Dancing Classes

Options
  • 05-06-2010 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey there,

would any gays & girls be interesting in setting up an irish dancing class in dublin?

Might be a fun way to meet other gay people, off the scene.

just seeing if there's any interest; nothing set up yet.

j

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭eagle_&_bear

it would be fun

I used to do Irish dancing when I was younger (4-14) and loved it.

great way to keep fit also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sounds like a lot of fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jwilldub

i'm thinking along the lines of ceili -- you know, with groups.

i teach dancing, to kids, but i'd do this for free, or at least to cover the costs of hiring a room.

there is a ceili night on in the front lounge during pride -- apparently it's on every year. perhaps people will go to that and see how they like it. i'm not involved in it but i am going to check it out.

we'd need at least 8 people to make a class work

any fewer, we could work on some smaller figures (i.e. teams) or just do solo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

jwilldub wrote: »
    i'm thinking along the lines of ceili -- you know, with groups.

i teach dancing, to kids, but i'd do this for free, or at least to cover the costs of hiring a room.

there is a ceili night on in the front lounge during pride -- apparently it's on every year. perhaps people will go to that and see how they like it. i'm not involved in it but i am going to check it out.

we'd need at least 8 people to make a class work

any fewer, we could work on some smaller figures (i.e. teams) or just do solo stuff.
    So will it be same-sex couples dancing together or will the dancing be confined to traditional different-sex couples for practical reasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jwilldub

depends on who shows up, don't it? and what they want to do? doesn't really matter where people position themselves. it's for fun!

• Advertisement
Advertisement