Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ditto

Options
  • 05-06-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

My two of my Dittos refuse to have sex with my female Riolu . I was just wondering if it's just these particular Dittos or is it the same with every ditto?
    Also, another question is do Dittos take the place of a male pokemon or a female pokemon or can they turn into both? O_O
    Thanks (:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Oops. I forgot Riolu is a baby... EWWWWWW...

Anyway, first question answered but second question is still open (:

And how can you make Riolu happy quickly without bringing it to the veilstone girl everyday?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Ditto can breed with any male or female Pokemon and also the genderless Pokemon like Staryu, Voltorb etc. The exceptions are Legendary Pokemon (except Manaphy and Phione), Baby Pokemon, Nidorina, Nidoqueen and another Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Also, another question is do Dittos take the place of a male pokemon or a female pokemon or can they turn into both? O_O
    Thanks (:
    Ditto can take the place of either a Male or Female, provided the 'mon in question can actually produce Eggs.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second question. Ditto stays the same during the breeding process, but the moves the baby gets are dependant on the parent's gender.

Here's a simple breakdown of that:

Ditto + Eevee [female] = Eevee [either gender] with basic moveset
    Ditto + Eevee [male] = Eevee [either gender] with Father's moves
    And how can you make Riolu happy quickly without bringing it to the veilstone girl everyday?
    Which game are you playing through? Although most happiness additions are the same since their introduction in Gen II, there are some exclusive to certain games.

The ones common to all are:
    • Feed the Pokémon drugs (all games)
    • Walk 256 (I think) in-game steps with the Pokémon on your party
    • Level up the Pokémon
    • Use Potions etc on the Pokémon
    • Holding a Soothe Bell while doing the above will add extra happiness points

Ditto can take the place of either a Male or Female, provided the 'mon in question can actually produce Eggs.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second question. Ditto stays the same during the breeding process, but the moves the baby gets are dependant on the parent's gender.

Here's a simple breakdown of that:

Ditto + Eevee [female] = Eevee [either gender] with basic moveset
    Ditto + Eevee [male] = Eevee [either gender] with Father's moves

Which game are you playing through? Although most happiness additions are the same since their introduction in Gen II, there are some exclusive to certain games.

The ones common to all are:
    • Feed the Pokémon drugs (all games)
    • Walk 256 (I think) in-game steps with the Pokémon on your party
    • Level up the Pokémon
    • Use Potions etc on the Pokémon
    • Holding a Soothe Bell while doing the above will add extra happiness points
    1) You just answered the second question xD
    2) I'm playing through Platinum. And I've done most of that stuff. ^_^

I'm playing through Platinum. And I've done most of that stuff. ^_^
    And you have to keep doing it, and doing it until Riolu evolves.

Other things one can do in Platnium (and indeed Diamond and Pearl) is go to the Ribbon Syndicate (once you have unlocked it) and have you Pokémon massaged there.

Another good thing to do in Sinnoh is to take your Pokémon to meet Dr.Footstep (his is the only house on route 213), if the Doc gives you a ribbon then your Pokémon's happiness is high enough to evolve.

I hope you do know that Riolu only evolves during the day...

• Advertisement

And you have to keep doing it, and doing it until Riolu evolves.

Other things one can do in Platnium (and indeed Diamond and Pearl) is go to the Ribbon Syndicate (once you have unlocked it) and have you Pokémon massaged there.

Another good thing to do in Sinnoh is to take your Pokémon to meet Dr.Footstep (his is the only house on route 213), if the Doc gives you a ribbon then your Pokémon's happiness is high enough to evolve.

I hope you do know that Riolu only evolves during the day...

Didn't know that but itdoesn't matter really. And when he's happy enough do you have to wait until the next level? Or does it just do it there and then?

And thanks about Dr Footstep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Riolu will only evolve when she levels up so you'll have to do a few extra battles or use a Rare Candy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In HG/SS there's a suggestion that having the 'mon follow you makes it happy - ie that it's the 1st 'mon in your party - dunno if that makes it happier than just being in the party, haven't really done any experimentation.

Anyone know if the happyness counter is stunted by egg counters in the same way that eggs interfere with other eggs, ie that on the 256th step you can only hatch one egg, so only one egg counter decreases to zero and any others that might hatch remain static - does this also prevent the happyness counter from increasing on that step? Dragged a lot of Eevees around while hatching to make Umbreons.

Riolu's getting there. Soon I will have one for HG. =3

Eggs hatch with a set happiness I think. I rememeber reading that somewhere, may have been on Psypokes or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement