Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G'wan Louth!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Huge amount of talk on newstalk about a replay. I thought there wasn't a chance. The Leinster board are currently meeting though it'll be up to Meath and not the Leinster board to offer a replay.

We were by far the better side. Awfully disappointing, can't see how Meath fans would be happy, any I spoke to weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

I can only imagine the heartbreak that Louth fans must be going through.

Yer players can hold their heads high though. Great display from a team written off from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

How did this happen again against meath . I couldnt believe it . A total disgrace . A brilliant occasion with great crowd there from all over louth . I just cant get me head round it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rosy Tea

Nobber robbers!

From Archimedes in GAA:

9k2t12.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

with great crowd there from all over louth

Errrm.... the ref might disagree with this. Absolutely disgraceful scenes regardless of whether it was a goal or not:mad: shower of thugs:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

Errrm.... the ref might disagree with this. Absolutely disgraceful scenes regardless of whether it was a goal or not:mad: shower of thugs:mad:

The Action of the so called supporters who Haggled the REF after the game should not be seen as the view of the 20000 genuine Louth supporters who were there.
    They should get a life time ban.
    We were Clearly the better team on the field in the second half and deserved the Leinster championship.
    If the GAA or Meath Council want respect,then the very least the Louth Players deserve is a replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Ye deserve a replay lads,that was an outrage today with that goal been allowed.

It was a great crowd, there was about 25,000.

There was 1 or 2 people that remonstrated at the end and no official should have to put up with that abuse, I'm sure the gardai will deal with them appropriately, let's not go mad with the tar and feathers.

Everyone else was (me included) in disbelief, when the incident with the ref happened I knew that their actions would detracted from the shocking decisions on the pitch and that's sickening for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sickening is too light a word to use regards those thugs, a man in his 50's swinging a punch and thankfully missing the ref is worthy of a few nights under lock and key :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

calex71 wrote: »
    Sickening is too light a word to use regards those thugs, a man in his 50's swinging a punch and thankfully missing the ref is worthy of a few nights under lock and key :mad:

Under what law?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The security at Croke Park is a massive joke and always has been.:mad:
    Plan "B" my ass.
    A very small(minded)minority of Louth supporters acting in the way they did only took away from the massive injustice that happened.
    Justice for Louth!!!
    (Armagh fan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

The security at Croke Park is a massive joke and always has been.:mad:
    Plan "B" my ass.
    A very small(minded)minority of Louth supporters acting in the way they did only took away from the massive injustice that happened.
    Justice for Louth!!!
    (Armagh fan)

If Dundalk & Drogheda didn’t have a train station this wouldn’t have happened,
    Its the soccer fans, Louth have never had to board a train or a bus for a GAA game before and therefore expect they should behave like they did in Tallagh,

Its the soccer fans, Louth have never had to board a train or a bus for a GAA game before and therefore expect they should behave like they did in Tallagh,

LOUD NOISES!

amacachi wrote: »
    Under what law?

Your kidding right? Numerous public order for a start, are you saying these guys should not be arrested and charged for something that if it happened on west st would be locked up for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

edited & banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Several of the Louth supporters that went after the ref would spit in your face before they would go to a "soccer" match:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

LOUD NOISES!

SCUM***S!

banned

Your kidding right? Numerous public order for a start, are you saying these guys should not be arrested and charged for something that if it happened on west st would be locked up for?

How long would someone be locked up for for approaching someone in an aggressive fashion? Also it would have to be an aggravated offence in this case. We aren't the law though, so we'll see what happens.

amacachi wrote: »
    How long would someone be locked up for for approaching someone in an aggressive fashion? Also it would have to be an aggravated offence in this case. We aren't the law though, so we'll see what happens.

Yes thats true you're right there, there was also the steward that was briefly shown lying on the ground holding his head, unclear what happened to him but from what they said on the commentary, there were objects being thrown from the stands :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

I don't support what was done to the referee, but I really am getting tired of matches being ruined by poor decisions by referees, in this instance as well as football matches.

I don't know if replay is the answer to this - I think Louth should be declared the winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Being a louth man and having followed them all my life, i am devastated over what went on yesterday.
    Absolutely gutted, cant say another word on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HALLOW RUBY

Louth should have seen the game out, instead JP Rooney started time wasting by kicking the ball away twice and when yous got a free in the 70th minute it was played back to the goalkeeper instead of being played upfield to clear the danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Louth should have seen the game out, instead JP Rooney started time wasting by kicking the ball away twice and when yous got a free in the 70th minute it was played back to the goalkeeper instead of being played upfield to clear the danger.

To me the above argument holds no sway over the injustice, louth missed chances during the game, so did meath , louth got some decisions during the game, so did meath.
    But the bottom line is here leaving aside all that had gone on through the game, the defining factor of contention here is the goal should not have stood at the end.
    Louth were cheated yesterday, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

...there was also the steward that was briefly shown lying on the ground holding his head, unclear what happened to him but from what they said on the commentary, there were objects being thrown from the stands :eek:

I understand the steward was hit with a bottle - presumably thrown from the stand rather than "bopped" at close range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Funny then that the names of the people I heard "attacked" the ref, weren't from Dundalk or Drogheda, nor were they soccer fans :rolleyes:

I hope Meath don't offer a replay as Louth won't be up for it. Considering how devastated the fans are, just imagine how the players feel, thinking back on their decisions that may have stopped them from making history. It would be too hard to ask them to go through it again and possibly lose what they rightfully won.

Yes thats true you're right there, there was also the steward that was briefly shown lying on the ground holding his head, unclear what happened to him but from what they said on the commentary, there were objects being thrown from the stands :eek:

Looked like a 500ml plastic bottle. It would be remiss of me to say that if I were stewarding and felt any contact I would definitely make the most of it. Hopefully he's fine anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read on these Boards!!:rolleyes:

And there's a lot of dumb feckers on these Boards!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

No decision as yet on replay.

“The management committee no decision made on offering a replay – we want a bit of time in relation to other matters being discussed,” he
    said.

“We received no email with a copy of the referees report (from Croke Park).”

There was a query to get a copy of the referees report by Pat O’Neill
    from the St Colmcilles club, the club of Meath half-forward Graham
    Reilly.

O’Neill added, “We can’t do anything if the referee doesn’t give us the report.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

21:52
    It looks like there is going to be no decision tonight, the wisdom of the Meath county board was not to get a copy of the ref’s report.

So unless they get a copy in the next hour there will be no more discussion on the matter tonight.

Advertisement