Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time at a tournament.

Options
  • 05-06-2010 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys. My names Alex, I went to Inferno 10 and had a great time. Lost badly in the first match by 0-2 in my group but did progressively better and won the last two matches against my group.

This is my first tournament and I have to say I am impressed at the skill level but even more impressed at the friendly atmosphere. I didn't feel like any egos were clashing.

I'll try to come by for casuals next wednesday or saturday if anyone else is going.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hi Alex,

It's awesome to hear such good feedback.

Were you the Guile player?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hey Alex, I was not here today but thanks for the nice post. Always great to see new faces

The atmosphere is great, all the guys are there for a similar interest in FGs and to have a good time, everyone is very friendly

Casuals are on Wed and Fri and Sat. See you then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Welcome aboard. Who were you playing/what group were you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Every tournament, my first match gives me an adrenaline match, my hands start shaking, and afterwards I'm left with shivers.

Feels good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Every tournament, my first match gives me an adrenaline match, my hands start shaking, and afterwards I'm left with shivers.

Feels good man.

Junkie! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Hey Alex! Are you the legendary Guile player that /starts vicious rumor caused cobelcog to throw his 360 pad at the wall?

Welcome to the scene :p

You a 360 player or PS3? Either way slap your online user name down in the playerlist thread and deffo head to our casuals and events whenever you can. Fair play for joining up on the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

sup Alex, I was the Zangief player in your group, good to meet you today. Solid guile, hope you keep coming to events.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Hey man, welcome.

I watched your match against cobelcog it was one of my highlights of the day. Though I do have a soft spot for upsets.

For sure try make it to casuals. They're great fun a and improve your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

alexmc wrote: »
    Hi guys. My names Alex, I went to Inferno 10 and had a great time. Lost badly in the first match by 0-2 in my group but did progressively better and won the last two matches against my group.

This is my first tournament and I have to say I am impressed at the skill level but even more impressed at the friendly atmosphere. I didn't feel like any egos were clashing.

I'll try to come by for casuals next wednesday or saturday if anyone else is going.

Same here man, it was great wasn't it. Such a fantastic bunch of lads and a vibrant community. It makes travelling from Cork worth it in the end, and its great to see some top tier players battling it out. For me though, its all about having the craic and getting better, and the only way to get better is to get yourself to events like this and learn from the pressure of lag-free fights and watch the top seeded players fight.

Great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

It was nearly all of us limerick lads first time going too and we cant wait to go back. Generic was saying his game improved alot and i was watching some of his matches and he looked alot more solid, same with myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah thanks for coming along lads, the more players the better. Even though myself and others are in xgc every weekend, there's still an excitement and buzz about an inferno. And don't be shy about spreading the word to others!

@Robbknoll Your blanka deffo put up more of a fight the more rounds I fought you. Better spacing and poking game. You were unlucky with some wiffed ultras.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Sisko wrote: »
    @Robbknoll Your blanka deffo put up more of a fight the more rounds I fought you. Better spacing and poking game. You were unlucky with some wiffed ultras.

Ya i was thinking you were the ryu. Man after fighting you i feel alot more confident taking ryus on, it helped me alot, i hate the match up still tho haha. Need to do a crash course in the match up and hopefully get you back next time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Arah lads how are we meant to get some inferno grudge matches going with all this friendly rival nonsense? ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Arah lads how are we meant to get some inferno grudge matches going with all this friendly rival nonsense? ;)

Azza and onion both want me dead.

Grudges, we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Haha , damn I can't believe I remember that ad so well. Feck that takes me back 12 years :p

Alex Mack was awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Alex Mack was awesome!

Well yeah, he destroyed cog the bounty hunter!

For years i thought ally mack grew up to be Alison mack who plays Chloe in smallville, how wrong I was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Never seen this before ever :confused:

I suppose you never heard of Bug Juice or Errie, Indiana either?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I suppose you never heard of Bug Juice or Errie, Indiana either?

You know what I'm really worried about? That he's never seen Clarissa Explains It All.

Now that would be disturbing - in fact I believe it is the fifth sign of the Apocalypse.

Or sixth, I always get those mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's like finding out there are kids who've never seen Hey Arnold or Doug.

Or who don't know what Calvin and Hobbes is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Or who don't know what Calvin and Hobbes is.

But everybody knows Calvin and Hobbes right? RIGHT?

Oh god I just had the thought of some skanger thinkings it's a dance act :(

I only found out what Calvin and Hobbes was very recently. Had zero exposure to it before then.

adkm?

adkm?

Nope. Never noticed the avatar until after I found out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Orim wrote: »
    Oh god I just had the thought of some skanger thinkings it's a dance act :(

What about a 16th century theologian and a 17th century philosoper?

• Advertisement
Advertisement