Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.c H.L English - If I only study Gv+Vp,Boland & Longley will i be ok?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

fufureida wrote: »
    Ok I'm in trouble... My essays are too long... Just realised they are all 6 pages! What should I do?! Should I re-write them or just learn about the points that stand out the most? Help my Boland essay is 6 pages and rest are 4-5!

You only realized now that they are 6 pages? If you learn a 6 page relatively well you should be able to get 5 of that 6 down in the exam, provided your a quick writer.

Poetry
    • Yeats
    • Boland
    • Kavanagh
    • Elliot
    Are my predictions.
    Last place seems to be a toss between Elliot, Rich and Longley. I doubt Longley will come up.

Comparative
    Cultural Context and General Vision and Viewpoint for the Comparative. Gv+v is tipped to come up though so focus on that.

For Single Text, assuming it's King Lear - Look through, especially:
    • Lear's Journey to insight
    • The use of nature in King Lear
    • Main Plot vs. Sub-Plot

How do you doubt Longley will come up?
    I doubt CC will come up because it was up last year and is on the course for next year.So if it came up this year it would hardly come up next year,it would make it too easy to predict it next year.Thats what i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 XXRachelXX

I really hope literary genre come up ! I'm kind of relying on it, Longley would be great aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

fufureida wrote: »
    Who you calling kid? I'm probable older than you!

i dont dbout it but the leaving just seems like it was so long ago which is funny because my first year of college was the fastest year of my life.

good luck everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

I really doubt CC will come up this year as it was up last year and its on the course again next year, so if it came up this year it definately couldn't come up again next year (3 years in a row) and I don't think they'd have it that obvious for next year. Whereas literary genre isn't on next year and wasn't on last year...
    What she said

If ya wanta cut it fine do Rich and Boland,female poet comes up every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Boland, Kavanagh and Yeatsy I'd say.
    I'm focusing on Boland and GVAV but ah sure to be safe one must run over the others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

NotExactly wrote: »
    How do you doubt Longley will come up?
    I doubt CC will come up because it was up last year and is on the course for next year.So if it came up this year it would hardly come up next year,it would make it too easy to predict it next year.Thats what i reckon.

It's a prediction I am making based on numerous factors. But given Yeats and Boland seem to be sure bets, and Kavanagh as a third, it would be doubtful they would have a fourth poet this year. They will be all too aware of the politics surrounding this years paper given what happened last year. I have other reasons as well, but I can't be sure, and so I would be hesitant about telling people to, or not to study certain poets, but if anyone is doing Longley, I would certainly advise looking at Yeats/Boland also....

With regards to your points about CC, thinking about what you said, I completely agree with you. I think you are right - CC won't be likely to come up this year...

. But given Yeats and Boland seem to be sure bets, and Kavanagh as a third, it would be doubtful they would have a fourth poet this year.

Doubtful they would have 4 Irish is it? True.

Longley was a supposed to be a cert for last year so fingers crossed he comes up this year.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Elliot on the paper. How many poems you doing per poet?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

Few videos of predictions here's english

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8X1pERrbzk&feature=related

theillest wrote: »
    Few videos of predictions here's english

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8X1pERrbzk&feature=related

Wow I taught 7 subjects was bad enough. I can't imagine doing 30 :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement