Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinakill open air pool

Options
  • 05-06-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Driving through Abbeyleix today and saw signs for this pool. Can anyone tell me what its like and is it good for 2 kids aged 9 and 7??
    Also, when is it opening - online it says July/August but checked last years opening and it started in June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Hi, I think the pool usually opens towards the end of June; the date changes because of the weather. The pool is outdoor but it is heated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Ah many childhood memories of ballinakill pool, and freezing my ass off, swallowing bugs. Its heated now, kids these days are spoilt. Seriously its a great spot they have a kids pool as well, not to sure the depth but its shallow, also have changing facilites and a full time life guard. Think its also only one of the few outdoor pools left in ireland so its definatly worth a trip. they have a great committee and the pool is well looked after. Swallowing bugs I now believe is a thing of the past. I learned to swim in it too, so its got to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Hi, the pool opened last weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

thanks for that - might give it a try if the rain ever stops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

Give it a try, like Gogo, I've many good childhood memories from Ballinakill pool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement