Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAREs 25th birthday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Goldeneye is still the best shootemup of all time. I played multiplayer for hours on end for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Jesus, I had completely forgotten about Rare. Knew a couple of guys who worked with them too, back in the day.

How the mighty have fallen!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

FruitLover wrote: »
    Jesus, I had completely forgotten about Rare. Knew a couple of guys who worked with them too, back in the day.

How the mighty have fallen!

I wouldn't be so sure. There's some Rare rumours in the woodwork about E3 this year. *cough* Killer Instinct 3 Natal *cough*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    *cough* Killer Instinct 3 Natal *cough*

oh fuk off with that natal crap! why cant they just make killer instinct 3 sans gimmick ? i knew natal and all this motion sensory stuff was a farce. I blame Sega Bass Fishing on the dreamcast with its rod controller

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Goldeneye is better than Quake 3 and you know it Jazzy!

*climbs back under my bridge*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Goldeneye is still the best shootemup of all time. I played multiplayer for hours on end for years.

aged woefully though

absolute gack these days, unplayable

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Helix wrote: »
    aged woefully though

Do not fire up Retr0gamer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Helix wrote: »
    aged woefully though

I wish more people could actually man up and agree with this. Sure you had great fun with it in 1997 but is it really truly still that good?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Goldeneye is better than Quake 3 and you know it Jazzy!

*climbs back under my bridge*

FINAL FANTASY 7 BLA BLA BLA
    FF7 BLA BLA

OH ITS TOTALLY BENT. I ALSO AM A BENDER. I SUCK NUTS FOR QUITE LITERALLY, THE CRAIC.

gettin' gay with kids - Rer0gaymer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I wish more people could actually man up and agree with this. Sure you had great fun with it in 1997 but is it really truly still that good?

Get 4 people into a room with an N64 and that question will answer itself.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Get 4 people into a room with an N64 and that question will answer itself.

While I won't deny that the multiplayer is still fun I still think there are better FPS games on consoles that allow 4 player split screen since Goldeneye was released. Anyway Bomberman was better and allowed 5 players and try 8-16 people with a PC at a LAN party with better multiplayer games than goldeneye :P

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Three people bludgeoned to death with trident shaped wounds, and one left rocking in the corner.

Hey don't get me wrong, I adored that game, played many many hours back in the day (an alarming amount considering I never even had an N64), but it has aged very badly. I trying to sit down and have more than one or two rounds would ruin the memories very quickly.

My friends hated me, I was the first among us to start doing cheap tactics like detonating remote mines in mid air (a+b together if I recall), having Oddjob hiding in crates (shoot them so they explode but don't fall apart, then crouching and looking at the ground, inside the now clipable box) and the classic, proximity mines on the respawn points/armor/weapons.

I truly loved that game :D

It is so unplayable now its almost unbelievable. Slideshow FPS with any kind of action on screen.

Do yourself a favour and leave this one in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Now if they would bring out a new blast corps that would be swell.

Now if they would bring out a new blast corps that would be swell.

Amen. **** Goldeneye, this was Rares finest moment on the N64.

Jazzy wrote: »
    FINAL FANTASY 7 BLA BLA BLA
    FF7 BLA BLA

OH ITS TOTALLY BENT. I ALSO AM A BENDER. I SUCK NUTS FOR QUITE LITERALLY, THE CRAIC.

gettin' gay with kids - Rer0gaymer

god i love that Jazzy guy.

you get the message retr0 ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

*shrugs*
    Viva Pinata is awesome.

I've heard great things about Nuts & Bolts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

*shrugs*
    Viva Pinata is awesome.

I've heard great things about Nuts & Bolts too.

Oh don't get me wrong, Rare still make good games. But they used to make the best games imo. I'd like to see them return to their former glory. They owned the N64,so many great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Jazzy wrote: »
    I blame Sega Bass Fishing on the dreamcast with its rod controller

Which was awsome
    Sure you had great fun with it in 1997 but is it really truly still that good?

Who gives a monkey's? It provided several years of top-notch entertainment. I don't care if I don't want to play it in 2010 - that doesn't erase those past years of fun.

Advertisement