Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economic Geography?

Options
  • 05-06-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Ok guys firstly I really need some help on this economic geography stuff. I have A LOT covered and I mean a lot, and I really really would love to know predictions. I have just about every possible question in the exam papers done, with a sample answer made out. So all I want to know is what you guys think is likely to come up. I have already been told MNC’s, Sustainable Development and EU Policies…
    Anything else?

Secondly, in edco exam papers page 142 question 9 part B…what is that question all about and has anyone done it? In the sample paper?

Lastly, fossil fuels…I need to know if these questions are basically the same thing as fossil fuels like basically the same lark?

Leaving Cert. Geography (Higher) 2009: Part B Q8
    Environmental Impact

Leaving Cert. Geography (Higher) 2006: Section 2 Q9
    C. FOSSIL FUELS

Leaving Cert. Geography (Higher) 2008: B Q9
    Global energy consumption

Oh, and don’t forget the predictions guy…I really need to narrow it down!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VARIEGATED GIRL

fufureida wrote: »
    Ok guys firstly I really need some help on this economic geography stuff. I have A LOT covered and I mean a lot, and I really really would love to know predictions. I have just about every possible question in the exam papers done, with a sample answer made out. So all I want to know is what you guys think is likely to come up. I have already been told MNC’s, Sustainable Development and EU Policies…
    Anything else?

Secondly, in edco exam papers page 142 question 9 part B…what is that question all about and has anyone done it? In the sample paper?

Lastly, fossil fuels…I need to know if these questions are basically the same thing as fossil fuels like basically the same lark?

Leaving Cert. Geography (Higher) 2009: Part B Q8
    Environmental Impact

Leaving Cert. Geography (Higher) 2006: Section 2 Q9
    C. FOSSIL FUELS

Leaving Cert. Geography (Higher) 2008: B Q9
    Global energy consumption

Oh, and don’t forget the predictions guy…I really need to narrow it down!

yes the predictions you have listed seem to be recommended alot, I am learning Globalisation and Colonialism also.. sorry I'm not being a great help:o as for your 3 Questions I'm pretty sure they are the same kinda lark!:) In relation to the 2008: B Q9 - Global energy consumption question, I think the answer needs to be broken into two parts e.g an environmental impact(climate change) and an economic impact (farming, tourism, oil prices).. hopr that helps a bit! sorry I couldn't be more help :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm going to keep clear of fossil fuels, global energy and all that so don't think I could help you there but prediction wise, i'm focusing on MNC's, colinisation, conflict, enlargement of the EU and CAP + CFP.

As for pg. 142 my teacher said not to worry about the sample papers as the questions are unlikely to appear again (not saying they wouldn't but we havn't even looked at them in class).
    You could talk about your MNC and how free trade between countries attracts MNCs to a certain area. It'll be cheaper etc., maybe google it. I don't think i'd be able to get 30marks out of it though.

I'm going to keep clear of fossil fuels, global energy and all that so don't think I could help you there but prediction wise, i'm focusing on MNC's, colinisation, conflict, enlargement of the EU and CAP + CFP.

See thats just the thing. I have sooo much done I need to cut it down! Im tottaly overwhelmed with work! What is enlargement???

fufureida wrote: »
    See thats just the thing. I have sooo much done I need to cut it down! Im tottaly overwhelmed with work! What is enlargement???

The enlargement of the EU and it's impact on Ireland, i'd write about how our trading relationship with the UK has changed, how our exports have increased, more people working in secondary and tertiary sectors etc. If you havn't done it now I wouldn't worry. I'm doing it instead of global energy/fossil fuels.

MNC's seem to come up most every year but I wouldn't know how to cut down other than that, we've no way to know what way the questions will come up!

• Advertisement

Yeah that's just the thing... I'm spending my entire day today doing English (Lear) and geography... Physical is a bitch. But ok, thanks dancing queen. Care to share what you are doin for physical? I'm doing:

sedimentary rock - formation + associates land form ie Burren

Irish Landform: sendimentary: the burren + a waterfall + igneous: giants causeway.

The Rock Cycle ie be able to fill it in if it comes up an be able to describe process ( need a sample answer on this if anyone is willing to share)

isostatic processes ( it's tipped: what about eusatatic?)

Interaction with Rock Cycle ie Geothermal Energy

Human Interaction with Natural Environment: Massmovement in Sahel, and something to do with dams and rivers.

Theory of Plate Tectonics and focussing on earthquakes and doing volcanoes too.

Folding and Faulting - hotly tipped

And I think that's it... Anything I should add???

No breaks for me until bed time.

Havn't been spending a lot of time on physical, hoping quarrying and a landform development are in the same question. Other than that something about volcanoes and plate tectonics would be great aswel. You've done tons, I havn't got a lot other than that prepared, we finished physical sometime last year so havn't been doing a whole lot. I should be able to answer one or two of the questions though.. hopefully!

Advertisement