Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible?

Options
  • 05-06-2010 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You may be entitled to rent allowance, depending on your circumstances. This won't cover the full rent and you need to make a contribution yourself (€30 per week?).

It may make more sense to live with others than live alone. It may be difficult to get RA as a lodger.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think your first step should be to talk to the community welfare officer (usually found in the local health centre) and explain your predicament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I thought the rent allowance rules and such had changed and you had to be renting at a place for more than 6 months before you got it?!?!

But relevant to your question i suppose, i get about 100ish a week, my rent is 200 a month and i survive fine, but as Victor said, it is alot better to share with others, bills divided between 4-5 can be handy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I must look into that myself then, and as for me being able to live off of 50 euro a week, you have to be careful what you're spending it on and how you allocate your money, it is very easy to spend above your means when trying to budget that low...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elzer

Hey just seen your post and im currently trying to get my daughter the rent allowance, the welfare officer has said that normally it would be a 6 month + renting before you would be considered, but as my home is overcrowded he has given the forms and ANY application has to be appraised first, also if refused you can appeal their decision where you can go and make a valid reason why you need the help. further more Do Not let them send you into a BNB in town Say it would be unsafe for you and you would have no one close to help in an emergency..... like grandma n granda...... Try getting a friend to move with you??? Goodluck......

• Advertisement
Advertisement