Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cultural Context Help !

Options
  • 06-06-2010 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hey guys I spent all day today trying to write out a Cultural Context essay but I keep getting stuck, I know it probably won't come up this year but I don'y want to take any risks. Could someone please post up one of their answer so I can see the correct layout, I know the texts we studied won't be the same !

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I'm afraid I don't have mine typed out, but this is how I do mine. Obviously you may do different headings but this is the structure I use:

1. Intro - outline what cultural context is, refer to question asked, say what texts you're studying.
    2. Setting - where and when is each text set. I refer to it text by text, say text 1 then text 2 and text 3, and keep this order throughout the essay.
    3. Poverty - assess poverty in each 3 of the texts - give examples, quotes, etc.
    4. Religion - assess religion in each 3 of the texts - give examples, quotes, etc.
    5. Role of gender - assess role of gender in each 3 of the texts - give examples, quotes, etc.
    6. Conclusion - answer question, maybe give a little personal response, generally finish the answer off, maybe with a quote from one of your 3 texts.

Remember, every time you go onto a new point about a text, MAKE A COMPARISON. Eg: unlike text 1, poverty is very apparent in text 2. Or similarly to text 3, religion is depicted in a negative light in text 2.
    Also, try to give a personal response throughout. "I liked this" "I found this interesting" "This made me think" etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 XXRachelXX

Thanks for that Zam, but it would still be really helpful if someone could post up a whole answer ! Please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

There's a thread called "rate my answer thread" people have posted answers in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

how do u get to them? sorry new on this no idea how 2 use it

Advertisement