Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any 1 tell me what type games my laptop can run?

• 06-06-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

have a laptop and just wondering what type games it can run

i ran a test for mw2 and this is what i got :

computertest.png

also specs are on there aswell

thnks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Those tests are worthless, for the most part. Just there, for your video card strength, it's solely based it upon amount of available video memory and spec sheet - which means nothing whatsoever with regards to running games, where the core of the card is far more important. A quick google reveals your card to be the integrated HD3100, not the faintest chance in hell of running Modern Warfare 2, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

lol i dont wanna run mw2 i jus done that so i could get the specs up ,

im jus looking to know what type of games it would be able to run

tnx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

antocann wrote: »
    lol i dont wanna run mw2 i jus done that so i could get the specs up ,

im jus looking to know what type of games it would be able to run

tnx

Anything old. Very old. Its close to the bottom of the range for 3d performance.

Anything old. Very old. Its close to the bottom of the range for 3d performance.

thats grand so , jus out of cureosity i jus wanted to see ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

what do you want to run?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri (can you run it). Select your game and take a look.

your graphics and ram is pretty bad which is what computers really need. If you close a lot of the processes running that eat up the memory you could get a half decent game to run. If you turn down the settings in the game again, you can get more to run.

edit: scratch that i see you were using that site anyway. Just select other games then....
    What games are you into exactly?

• Advertisement

i dont no what games , any games realy ,
    im not much of a pc gamer , so thats why i posted this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

If you find a game you wanna play and your not sure if it will run well, id download a demo and check the performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Gamespot Free demos.

Good advice from above. Download and play at your leisure.

Advertisement