Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milsims

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

roryk1 wrote: »
    after playing sennybridge for first time i am thinking of heading over for just looking at this site wanted to know if any1 had played in 1 of these events before http://www.stirlingairsoft.com/all-out-war-tour-of-duty.html

Stirlings TOW would appear to be a fairly new concept (well for them); the 2009 "Tour of Duty" (as in Vietnam) series beat them to the punch in that regard.

As for Stirling games? I've attended one, and attended one 'training' day thingy. The training day was interesting although that particular day's planning went a bit pearshaped and I wouldn't have considered it worth the money in terms of travel, etc.

The event I attended was a mixed bag although I shall point out that I've only attended one such event so it is by no means a yardstick by which to reach a conclusion. The setting was fantastic; Whinney Hill OBUA village in Catterick Garrison. Whilst CDV and Celieni Village (Sennybridge) may be bigger, this was actually the old officers village rather than a purpose-built environment. As a result it has hedgerows, gardens, etc. and really is(was?) a village. The event was meant to be 24 hour but apparently got changed at the last minute so we arrived to find out it was split over two days. The missions were interesting and themed, but as the day evolved, it felt to me like the dessies (Stirling themselves + others) were changing the rules to suit themselves and that we were playing an OpFor and not much else. So between that and the non-24 hour nature of the event I felt a bit let down on this occasion in that regard. On top of that, due to the intense heat on the Saturday (26C+), FireKitten was suffering from dehydration so we knocked it on the head and left. The Sunday may have been completely different but unfortunately I wasn't there.

All in all, I think i'd like to try a few more events to get a measure of Stirling Events. Please don't take the above negative comments as anything other than my personal take on the day due to a variety of factors. They are not meant as a slight to anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭miniture

roryk1 wrote: »
    after playing sennybridge for first time i am thinking of heading over for just looking at this site wanted to know if any1 had played in 1 of these events before http://www.stirlingairsoft.com/all-out-war-tour-of-duty.html

myslef and a few friends are planning on going to op tempest in copehill down

Advertisement