Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do examiners correct papers?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Hi guys, thanks for the answers!

Another question - are papers from the same centre corrected by the same corrector, or is it random. The reason I ask is that I have a twin brother, who naturally has an examination number one higher than me. Does that mean that our papers go to the same corrector?

Why would it be naturally next to yours, my twins number is about 90 or 100 before mine.. same figures in it which is sorta weird when you think about it?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Why would it be naturally next to yours, my twins number is about 90 or 100 before mine.. same figures in it which is sorta weird when you think about it?.

Well unless they have a very common surname and have first names which are quite far apart alphabetically, chances are that they will be one after the other.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Everybody in my year has sequential exam numbers, and me and my brother are the only ones with our surname. My name starts with a T and his starts with a P, but my exam number is before his, which is odd (all the exams numbers in the year increase as you move further through the alphabet).

Strange about your twin though! For the orals, was he before you / after you or was there a string of people between you? It could be due to having a common surname though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Everybody in my year has sequential exam numbers, and me and my brother are the only ones with our surname. My name starts with a T and his starts with a P, but my exam number is before his, which is odd (all the exams numbers in the year increase as you move further through the alphabet).

Strange about your twin though! For the orals, was he before you / after you or was there a string of people between you? It could be due to having a common surname though.

Lemme guess, your name's Tim?. =P
    She has a different Irish examiner to me, and we did different languages.
    Our numbers were done in class alphabetical order I think?.
    i.e 6a's class numbers would be before 6b's
    And we were in different base classes, which is wierd to do with twins, but our school was wierd. =P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Lemme guess, your name's Tim?. =P
    She has a different Irish examiner to me, and we did different languages.
    Our numbers were done in class alphabetical order I think?.
    i.e 6a's class numbers would be before 6b's
    And we were in different base classes, which is wierd to do with twins, but our school was wierd. =P

You got the name right anyway! (Although I think it says so on my profile!)

For the Junior Cert we were all in different base classes, seemingly random, but since 5th year our 5 base classes are actually just divided alphabetically (6A contains all the A-D's, 6B all the D-K's, etc.)

I can't remember whether our exam numbers for the JC were based on base classes or alphabets, but I know that there were four exam centres, each of them was our base classes. For the LC, there are 4 exam centres but 5 base classes, so there is some overlap.

Advertisement