Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options
  • 06-06-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know the average amount of points from the LC?

I tried to google it but just getting lots of those point calculator things and point requirements.

Thanks if you do :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

Victoria. wrote: »

I tried to google it but just getting lots of those point calculator things and point requirements.

one would guess in the region of about 350 to 400 maybe depending on the amount of OL subjects you take.....just a guess though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

How does the level of ordinary level subjects ''Victoria'' takes effect the average level of points from previous years?

I think it's around 320 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

In the 300s somewhere, this is real interesting though (LC points results from every year): http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

NotExactly wrote: »
    How does the level of ordinary level subjects ''Victoria'' takes effect the average level of points from previous years?

I think it's around 320 though.

well think about it if u take 5 ol subjects as opposed to someone taking 5 hl subjects the average would be different wouldnt it?

lallychops wrote: »
    well think about it if u take 5 ol subjects as opposed to someone taking 5 hl subjects the average would be different wouldnt it?
    Yes but she's talking about the average of everyone, not just people who take x many subjects at whatever level.

My guidance councellor said it was somewhere around 350

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

Victoria. wrote: »

This is a good question which I've asked myself before. The closest I could find was this link: http://www2.cao.ie/app_scoring/points_stats/LC09PTS.pdf

Hope this helps :)

OK ya I understand now..if ''Victoria'' is taking 5 ol subjects in the leaving cert 2010 the average points from 2009 is going to drop drastically?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

i read that post as in "you in general" takes HL or OL subjects.

as in 350/400 points may seem average to alot of us, but many people are doing all/mostly OL subjects - and 350 points is alot to get when the most points you can get from a OL subject is 60, which would obviously bring down the overall average leaving cert points around the country.
    wheras if you asked what the average points was within the people doing 4/5 HL subjects, you would get a more accurate result for what you want to aspire to.

maybe im wrong

I'm fairly certain she was asking for the country wide average as in: add up the points everyone who sat the leaving got and divide it by the number of people who sat the leaving.

Not for the perception of what is average among people who take certain number of HL or OL subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

143 people got 600 points... queers :P Would love to be in that statistic

• Advertisement

I don't see how one could find the average for people doing 4/5 Hl subjects?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

The average points received is only around 340/350 which is interesting because most people who go on to third level, at least university, will have gotten higher than that.

I'm pretty sure it's below 350 anyway. Yeah but that includes all the people that go on to do PLCs and bums :L But I agree the majority of level 8 courses are above 350 points

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Ashashi wrote: »
    143 people got 600 points... queers :P Would love to be in that statistic

It's mad, I was looking back at the 1995 ones and only around 30 people got 600! It's amazing what the internet and availability of marking schemes can do for you!

zam wrote: »
    It's mad, I was looking back at the 1995 ones and only around 30 people got 600! It's amazing what the internet and availability of marking schemes can do for you!

I think the exams have got easier though.If you look back at the H.L 1998 French tape compared to the 2009 one its waaay harder. But the use of Technology and Grinds has definitely increased the amount of people getting 600.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Hi yeh sorry for the confusion. :p
    I just wanted to know the average amount of points overall in the country regardless of number of higher or ordinary level subjects taken.

So I'm guessing from this somewhere in the 300-400 range then.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LNags

in 1997 11,814 got less than 100 points.......

think im gonna be sick!:(

Advertisement