Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am due an upgrade

Options
  • 06-06-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

I have a Sony Erikkson 715i at the moment i like it but would like to change to a different phone any suggestions I am bill pay and i like the HTC desire or should i go for the Iphone Many Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Pot wrote:
    I have a Sony Erikkson 715i at the moment i like it but would like to change to a different phone any suggestions I am bill pay and i like the HTC desire or should i go for the Iphone Many Thanks in advance

Hold your horses on the iphone anyway boss! Announcement expected tomorrow from Apple announcing the newest iphone (whatever it will be called) so I wouldn't get a 3GS as it'll be the old model in a month or so! The Desire is a good bit of kit but it'd be worth waiting to see what apple announce

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

Both phones Iphone and desire r the best phones, it all depends on u wat u like, Iphone is having 3 mp camera, more than 180,000 app in its official app store and even more when u jail broke it, people who r using iphone normally dont bother anything else, but no flash, if u wana see destop like sites then u cant on iphone, coz it dont support flash only html5

whereas desire its 5 mp camera, 1 gig processor, and 2.2 is on its way having full flash is in it.

but in the end it all depends on users personal choice.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Had a look at the Sony Expira any good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Pot wrote:
    Had a look at the Sony Expira any good

Off the top of my head, i believe it's been described as 'sluggish'.

Off the top of my head, i believe it's been described as 'sluggish'.

So its a no then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

masker wrote: »
    Both phones Iphone and desire r the best phones, it all depends on u wat u like, Iphone is having 3 mp camera, more than 180,000 app in its official app store and even more when u jail broke it, people who r using iphone normally dont bother anything else, but no flash, if u wana see destop like sites then u cant on iphone, coz it dont support flash only html5

whereas desire its 5 mp camera, 1 gig processor, and 2.2 is on its way having full flash is in it.

but in the end it all depends on users personal choice.:cool:

The big (or not so big) changes for the iphone4 are multitasking(been around since symbian was top dog) and video calling capabilities also been done by other phones for years(networks don't support it though).

The app store is just down to how long the iphone has been out compared to android phones, but android is catching up on app count very quickly.

Desire already has full flash, no need to wait for 2.2 froyo, froyo is just an update on the existing flash.

Op: get a Desire its awesome as it is and only getting better by the day, I know a few die hard iphone heads who have already converted singing androids praises.

Desire it is many thanks all

Advertisement