Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music :)

Options
  • 06-06-2010 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

does anyone have any predictions on the main listening question? no one seems to have any idea due to the fact its the last yr of these set woks......

also .....Raymond Dean is a twat........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

I have no idea, but im praying for the Beatles! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

seanaor wrote: »
    I have no idea, but im praying for the Beatles! :)

most definitely berlioz would be a killer for the long question not that its difficult just so:pac: much to learn

I wouldnt mind Seachanges, to be honest. But Berlioz or Mozart would kiiiill me. :(

seanaor wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind Seachanges, to be honest. But Berlioz or Mozart would kiiiill me. :(

yeah seachanges only has about 5 instruments in total fairly basic but not pleasant to listen to.....bet you any money they put one of the harder ones as question one especially with theme dictation!! yuck...... how about your essays?

lallychops wrote: »
    yeah seachanges only has about 5 instruments in total fairly basic but not pleasant to listen to.....bet you any money they put one of the harder ones as question one especially with theme dictation!! yuck...... how about your essays?

Oh they will. The essays will be topics i havent even looked at. The aural skills will be brutal.
    And just for fun, they'll give us a minor melody or composition. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

i hope seachances is main quesion...much simpler than berlioz or mozart
    mm2 would be good
    there could be a minor backing chords

frser32 wrote: »
    i hope seachances is main quesion...much simpler than berlioz or mozart
    mm2 would be good
    there could be a minor backing chords

yeah but there has been predictions for minor melodies and harmnonies for the last few yrs but they havent done it yet.....i dont know i think we could indeed be in for minor melodies i hope its a melody rather than a harmony though!!! :rolleyes:although having the 50 per cent practical done is great

lallychops wrote: »
    yeah but there has been predictions for minor melodies and harmnonies for the last few yrs but they havent done it yet.....i dont know i think we could indeed be in for minor melodies i hope its a melody rather than a harmony though!!! :rolleyes:although having the 50 per cent practical done is great

yah 50 percent already:D
    id much rather a minor melody as well tbh....there actually easier than major
    any predictions for the irish essay?? i hear sean nos...but who knows

frser32 wrote: »
    yah 50 percent already:D
    id much rather a minor melody as well tbh....there actually easier than major
    any predictions for the irish essay?? i hear sean nos...but who knows

no idea...i have regional styles....fusions sean nos and the harp done.....i cant do much more and i have a week before music anyway......my head is just frazzled at this stage with everything im trying to learn....but we will be fine hopefully :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

I've worked it out by looking at the papers and from what I can see it'd gonna be Movement 1 or 3 from Mozart, Seachanges or When I'm '64. But '64 seems a bit too easy for the main qs and while it wouldn't surprise me cause its never been done before I can't see Deane being asked, it likes being qs 4 :P

As for easy my bets would be north america, collectors, o'riarda/instumental group and sean nos. Again that just me looking through papers.

• Advertisement

DGRulz wrote: »
    I've worked it out by looking at the papers and from what I can see it'd gonna be Movement 1 or 3 from Mozart, Seachanges or When I'm '64. But '64 seems a bit too easy for the main qs and while it wouldn't surprise me cause its never been done before I can't see Deane being asked, it likes being qs 4 :P

oh god...lets hope they dont put mozart movement 3 on!!:mad: last year of this course..i feel theres a good chance deane will be asked as q1..

Advertisement